Author Topic: Buckthorn gift from Cody  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Keenan

Buckthorn gift from Cody
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:05:56 pm »
 A little while back I received a tube from Cody (Misselmaster)  My jaw dropped as I opened the package and gazed at an incredible Buckthorn Character bow.  For a few years I have watched and admired Cody's work and attention to detail and meeting him at the Tenn. Classic I was able to see a few of his bows in person.  I believe he just sent me his best bow ever, although I would be hard pressed to find something wrong with any of them.
 I fell in love with this bow from the first shot. It is very quick and shoot exactly where I look, and is dead quiet in the hand. I am constantly amazed at the generosity of the people in this community. Lulyn would testify this one made my eyes water.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:15:08 pm by Keenan »

Offline vinemaplebows

Re: Buckthorn gift from Cody
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:07:23 pm »
How similar is that to Cascara Keenan
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:10:58 pm »
More,

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »
Vine, He says it's different from the Cascara that we have but it looks and shoots very similar. I think his variety may be better and it is very strong and exceptionally quick. The heart wood seems very close in color and grain.

Offline Will H

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »
That guy Cody is something else :) astounding Boyer and all around talent. To top it off he is one heck of a nice guy! You lucky dog, that sure is an awesome bow!!!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:45 pm »
I seen that bow in person last spring. Cody does impeccable finish work. I'm sure he could spot a flaw, but not me. And Keenan, your bow rack would bring a tear to my eye!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:25:45 pm »
I remember seeing that one posted, really nice bow and what a nice thing of Cody to do. I've never meet Cody but pm'd him for some advice on working buckthorn and he was very gracious in sharing his tips with me. Turns out we only live about 45 mins. from each other and one day I plan to meet him in person to do some shooting and talk bows together. Nice gang on this site for sure.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline seabass

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »
i believe i also saw this bow in person.nice bow Keenan you lucky dog you.
Middletown,Ohio

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »
That rhamnus cathartica sure is some good stuff,n I know what that one looks like in person...I only made one bow from it from a stave from Cody and if I made more from it and have it turn out as good as the one I made it wood rate in my top four bow wood list(which is saying something)..the tension n compression is matched closely,its strong n choked full of character yet still elastic.

That's a nice bow from an even nicer person :)

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:56:51 pm »
Besides being gorgeous, that bow is exceptionally well tillered. With all that character you can still see the graceful arc and even distribution of stress. Really glad you posted this un.

Gabe

Humboldt County CA.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »
Guys I could not agree more. Cody is a great guy for sure. I rememebr watchig him at the Classic going from boyscout to boyscout working with about a dozen kids at once. He really is a gifted person with a heart of gold

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »
sweet bow! way to go mistlemaster
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 10:21:24 pm »
That is one awesome bow Keenen!From the tips to the handle wrap,and all the character in between-nice-Hammertime

Offline Adam

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 10:43:26 pm »
That keeps looking more and more amazing everytime I look at the pictures.

Offline Roy

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 10:55:06 pm »
That looks awesome, Keenan.