Author Topic: would you guys do this  (Read 5204 times)

Offline kid bow

would you guys do this
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:39:09 pm »
i have a question for you guys.if you guys catch anything. do you think you guys would donate a little of what you all have to the hungry and homeless. me and my friends would always do this and we still do on occasion. i want more people to try and give just a little especially around  the holidays. you guys think you can do that???
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: would you guys do this
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:47:29 pm »
I do it when i bow fish alot i normally have to much meat for my
Family when it comes to fishing and bow fishing. No one has complaineed on some free tasy gar meat mmmm now im hungry
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline kid bow

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »
lol

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:43 pm »
I've had a few people tell me you couldn't eat wild hog ??? :o They turned it down. Or, they said, "sure, Ill take it, if you clean it". I said, "Sure, wait here, I'm going after ice".

I now give it to people that I know that really need it. And, I'll help them clean it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 12:55:52 am »
i have a question for you guys.if you guys catch anything. do you think you guys would donate a little of what you all have to the hungry and homeless. me and my friends would always do this and we still do on occasion. i want more people to try and give just a little especially around  the holidays. you guys think you can do that???

Jonah, I see that you're fairly new to the forum (Welcome!).  But I'm sure that if you hang around a while, you'll quickly see that these guys don't have to be asked to be generous, they just do it by default, it's in their nature.  Most of the regulars on this forum I've never met, but I know if I fell on hard times it wouldn't be long before care packages started showing up at my door.  That's just the way they are.  I don't know if down-to-earth people are attracted to archery, or if archery just attracts a disproportionately large number genuinely "good" people, but I think it's rare these days to find a group of people like the ones that frequent this forum, and I'm proud to be associated with them.  From the sounds of things, you've got the same mentality, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:34:21 am »
I'm proud to say I have volunteered with the annual Clean Out Your Freezer Day sponsored cooperatively by our own Black Hills Sportsman's Club, Sportsmen Against Hunger, South Dakota Game, Fish, And Parks, along with the Black Hills Food Bank, the Rapid Citty Mission, RMEF, Pheasants Forever, Safari Club, and the list goes on for pages and pages. 

A million meals strong in this state alone. 

That's the organized sort of work.  I have provided meat to more than one person as the opportunity arose, too.  And I doubt I am anything unusual in this group of good people.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline kid bow

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:43 am »
im glad their are so many people commenting on this. me and my friends used to share whatever we killed. just wandering if you guys would do the same and if appears you  guys already do

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 07:16:13 am »
I always share my catch or kills with family/freinds. I dont mind cleaning for them if they dont have time or in some cases are not able to handle it themselves.Makes me feel good!  ;)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline kid bow

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 07:32:21 pm »
you army rick

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »
you army rick
Yes Sir,,2cd SQDN 7th United States Cavalry  1986-1991  If you aint CAV,,You aint SH!!!  Hoo Raa!!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline kid bow

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 09:26:01 pm »
lol gotta love them man gotta love but cavalry really lol im only 15 but ill be in soon enough

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 03:40:48 am »
[[/quote]   If you aint CAV,,You aint SH!!!  Hoo Raa!![/quote]

I beg to differ Rick, Paratroopers are the SH!! 8)
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 am »
Paratroopers??  Never figgerd out why yall jump out of perfectly good airplanes,, ;)
Good choice Jonah!   Dont let them guys talk you into jumpin out airplanes,I dont trust them bedsheets they use!!    :-\

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:43 am »
Lol
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 10:41:56 am »
I've had a few people tell me you couldn't eat wild hog ??? :o They turned it down. Or, they said, "sure, Ill take it, if you clean it". I said, "Sure, wait here, I'm going after ice".

I now give it to people that I know that really need it. And, I'll help them clean it.

They weren't hungry enough
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com