Author Topic: crack in my Mollegebat, repairable?  (Read 944 times)

Offline kevinsmith5

crack in my Mollegebat, repairable?
« on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »
After shooting today I noticed a crack in the side of one of the limbs of my 60 lb Mollegebat. This is easily my favorite bow of the ones ive made and if it can be fixed I'd dearly love to. These pics are unstrung, when strung the crack opens up in the side of the limb. You can see from the discolorstion if the backing that its lifting uo and presskng against the backing when drawn. Could I inject an epoxy and unstrung it, let the crack seal? Or is it firewood? Right now it looks like the linen back is all that's preventing a kaboom...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: crack in my Mollegebat, repairable?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 06:42:40 pm »
Brace it and fill the crack with super glue then unbrace it and wrap it until the super glue dries. Then add a wrap(sinew perferably) seal it and she should be god to go. It looks like there is a runoff right at the crack.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:45:14 pm »
Thanks. Will synthetic sinew do?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 06:46:41 pm »
It will work but wrap it as tight as you can. You can seal it with super glue too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »
Thanks again.