Author Topic: juniper question  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Blacktail

juniper question
« on: November 22, 2012, 09:43:35 pm »
i got a nice little stick of juniper from keenan..its 58 inches and i was wondering if putting a stiff handle in it would work..i could do a bend-thru handle and it would work just fine..BUT,i really would like a stiff one..maybe i will try the stiffy and if it dont work i will just take some out...john

Offline bubby

Re: juniper question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 04:16:40 am »
what kind of draw length do you want, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 01:03:01 pm »
25....i am going to look thru some back issues...thanks john

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 01:49:15 pm »
Sinew back it,and recurve it,and it'll make a 25" draw no problem with it having a stiff handle. And it'll be a kick @$$ bow.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »
that is the plan Mr.blackhawk..i am hoping it will have some punch to it..thanks

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 10:05:35 am »
Here is a juniper question!  Are all juniper berries edible?  Is there some some species of juniper that one should NOT eat the berries on?

I normaly BUY junipers to make my holidy bird rub.  But at the end of the block of a friends house I found what i'm told is juniper.  Can I refil my berry jar?

UserNameTaken

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 01:47:18 pm »
Prarie Bowyer, if you can't ID the plant, then you shouldn't eat it. They're probably fine, but on the other hand, they could be the beans of the mysterious willy willy shrub from Timbuktu--the one that makes you foam at the mouth, piss fire, cluck like a chicken and causes your testicles to swell up like balloons. The owners planted it from seed, no doubt, which they received from their world-traveling uncle who happens to be on the US Customs watch list for the illegal importation of willy willy beans. He too has swollen testicles.