Author Topic: 57" Character Osage  (Read 7821 times)

Offline JonW

Re: 57" Character Osage
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:23 am »
Very nice Chris. I really like this one.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 09:23:15 am »
Nicely done Chris!  I noticed that you have the section with the hole working.  I see quite a few bows that have been left stiff through a section like that.  I'm glad to see that you ain't scared of a little character!  Which is a good thing, cause it looks like your baby girl might be quite the character herself!  Josh

Offline Old timber bows

• I live to build bows
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 09:52:59 am »
Very nice bro you are a artist I love it it looks great good job bro I see my little girl is geting big I love it cant wait untill we get to spend some time in my bow shop cracking out some wood for the weekend lol. You do great work keep on making dust take care and God bless brother in christ good job.  Old Timber Bows.
Old timber bows

blackhawk

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 10:00:43 am »
Thanks Jon..thanks josh..yeah she's a hoot alright..already stubborn,bigheaded,and opinionated just like her ole man ;)

Thanks Marty my brother..and thanks for the great stave ;)

Offline rps3

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 12:05:18 pm »
Thats a dandy, I kept scrolling between the unbraced, braced, and full draw pic and it looks like you gave each inch of limb its due. I really like how you didnt try to make both limbs match and just treat each one as an individual.

blackhawk

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 12:22:34 pm »
Thanks Bob....wood y'all believe me if I told you this one was tillered without any aids( tiller trees,sticks,reflections,camera) untill I hit full draw and wanted to see it and bam it looked good?

Offline k-hat

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 04:26:42 pm »
Showoff! ;)  But seriously, you did a fantastic job on that one.  Love everything about it.  And i'm with sharpend... symmetry IS overrated >:D  Thanks for sharing Chris.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »
   Another hole in the limb . That one looks to cool. You the man.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 12:37:33 pm »
That is a super sweet bow Blackhawk.  Great job!
1’—>1’

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 01:08:02 pm »
Thanks Jon..thanks josh..yeah she's a hoot alright..already stubborn,bigheaded,and opinionated just like her ole man ;)
Wait till she starts talking.  You are not gonna believe the things little opinionated girls say!

Oh, and nice bow  ;) 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

blackhawk

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 02:15:58 pm »
Thanks Kevin,yeah but it sure is easier to tiller symmetrical shaped side profile limbs   ;)

Thanks bob...thanks Steve  :)

Thanks cmb, I know...she already runs the show at our house and thee whole world revolves around her :laugh:

Offline Bowman

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 02:43:06 pm »
Nice bow and tricky character. I'm working on a osage stave myself. 67" choctaw bow. :-)
"for veik var kongens bue......."