Author Topic: I'm gonna be in a movie!  (Read 3251 times)

Offline billy

I'm gonna be in a movie!
« on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:46 am »
Hey guys I've been working on a movie set here in Atlanta over the last week.  I've been cast as a security guard in a futuristic movie that will be coming out next November.  It's a HUGE movie, and it's a sequel to a big movie that came out this summer.  Unfortunately you won't be able to see me because of the costume I wear (which looks unbelievably cool by the way).

Unfortunately I can't tell you the name of the movie because I've been sworn to secrecy until it's released, but when it does come out I'll let you know the name of the movie.  The amount of work and money that is being spent on this film is beyond comprehension.  I've seen the scale of what is being done and it's incredible.  On one day there were 450 extras on the set.....imagine the amount of money that was paid out on just that day! 

It's really cool to see how these movies are filmed and be behind the scenes, seeing how much work and time goes into each scene.  It's an incredibly time consuming process as they adjust lighting, camera angles, and different aspects of each scene.  But then I know since I filmed and edited my Primitive Instinct DVD.   

I'll be working on this movie for various days until mid November when the crew leaves Atlanta to continue filming in other locations.  I can't wait to tell you what it is...... I've been in several scenes and I have to tell you.....when it comes out you guys are gonna LOVE it!!           
Marietta, Georgia

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: I'm gonna be in a movie!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:30:19 am »
wow, congratulations i cant wait to find out which one it is
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline vyadha

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:47 am »
If I guess what it is, do I get a prize?

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 04:50:57 am »
that's way cool billy, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 07:32:03 am »
Wow! Sounds like a really neat adventure. Keep us posted when you give us more info on release dates etc.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 08:59:06 am »
Sweet
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Scowler

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:21:38 am »
Congratulations!   :)

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 01:55:45 pm »
Is it a new Tyler Perry movie?  ;D
1’—>1’

Offline boughnut

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 02:48:17 pm »
I know what it is haha.  we have another director using our shop for a movie.  and I made a few bows for another. atlanta is booming with movies these days I think 13 are being filmed.  Hey billy since I already know and I also know they are filming the second and third movie at the same time are they putting you in the third as well?  That would be cool.  I also cant say a word about what movies these are but I know they will be great cant wait to see you in it billy.  Very cool.  Hey also I tried contacting you lost my phone which also resulted in loosing your number.  I am heading to the property this weekend if you are not tied up with them you should give me a call and come film some deer hunts.  I will film for ya if you would like.  Anyway congrats and let me know.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »
I bet I know which one it is, too.  A friend of mine was in the first one, and he and I were talking about the sequel filming the other day.  That's cool you got in there.  Something to tell the grandkids about for sure.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Guessed

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 10:35:52 pm »
Hehe, I wondered if he would be "brandishing" a bow.

Offline Tortoise

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 04:23:04 am »
Tell us what guy you are when it comes out!
-Peter
Arizona

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 11:53:21 pm »
Depending on the director or his/her A.D.'s movie sets can be fun or they can be excruciatingly frustrating.  Mostly it's sitting around while you have nothing to do.  Craft services make or break you there, hope for healthy choices to snack on or you'll gain weight and get your butt chewed by Continuity, Costuming, and some whiney weasel that thinks he is the return of Caesar himself but in reality, no one knows what exactly he does on the set but the director likes him for some unaccountable reason. 

Best of all, it's pretty easy money.   :laugh:

By the way?  Do they know you are a real life caveman, too?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 12:42:07 am »
Must be the second one of the Hunger Games.  I don't think you'd fit too well in Brave 2. 

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 11:20:24 am »
Come on Jimmy, Billy would look great as a ginger in a blue dress  :P