Author Topic: Beans and corn bread time  (Read 1294 times)

Offline jeffhalfrack

Beans and corn bread time
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:37:39 pm »
     Before  you  find out  I'm  from  New York,,,let  me  tell  you  I  have  deep  roots in  south  western hub  a  Virginia!!!!   but  mother  nature  is  finally  turning  towards  winter it's  chilly  and  damp  here  now!!!  and  I  have  a  pan  of  corn bread  just out of  the oven (yes baked in a black skillet)  and  all  I  have  left  is  yellow  split  peas  on  a  slow  simmer (yes ham hocks)  opening day is  tomarrow   man I  love this  time  of  year   and  I  can cook inside with out  heat stroke   I  just  had  to  post  this  thanks  for  reading  JeffW

Offline nclonghunter

Re: Beans and corn bread time
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »
using the remainder of the venison burger to start some chilli soon...I also love this time of the year.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline sonny

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »
love me some beans and cornbread.
best cornbread I ever had was last hunting season. one of the guys brought along some
cornbread that he (or maybe his wife) had fixed- had corn (duh!) cooked into the cornbread.
like eating cake!!
we didn't have beans, least not that I remember, but did have deer steaks, probably a few other
things that don't come to mind.....

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:25 pm »
Mmmmmm - beans and cornbread - must be fall somewhere!
Still 88 degrees at my  house!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:53:14 pm »
Beans and cornbread...mmmm mmmm good.  Great time of year!

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Adam

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 12:00:19 am »
That does sound good!  We're just starting to get a little nip in the air around here and my wife made her first batch of chili of the year, so I guess it's officially fall.  Winter foods are the best.

Offline Kpete

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 11:35:32 am »
82 degrees yesterday in Wyo, this morning its 40 and snow predicted by noon.  Pass the beans and corn bread.  I like a few chopped jalapenos and corn baked in the corn bread.  Ham and beans.  It is time.