Author Topic: The latest  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Jimbob

The latest
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »
Here are some of my latest.  Sorry I havent posted in a while, just get distracted.  The first one is one that I redid because I didnt like it, its a piece of novaculite that I got from Warhawk.  The next one is the same thing.  Third is a piece of gold sheen obs that doesnt show it in the pic,  I broke one of the ears when trying to notch it.  Last is a piece of English flint that was also from Warhawk and it has to be one of my favorites.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline bubby

Re: The latest
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »
look's good jimbob, i'm partial to the obs point, ever get that bow started?, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:29:33 pm »
Good stuff. Kinda partial to that English. Looks wicked
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:42:55 am »
Good looking points!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 09:28:57 am »
SWEET!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »
Thanks everyone!  No Bub, I havent started on the bow yet....too many factors preventing that right now.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

Stringman

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »
Nice lookng points, JB! They look about right for hafting!

Scott

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 12:02:01 am »
AAARGH!  YOU IDIOT!  Wasting good English flint making arrowheads when you could be making gunflints for me?!?!?!

Granted, that is a beautiful point, and I would love to haft it up on a shaft and hunt deer with it.  But AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! 

I'm currently shooting some wonderfully hard and sharp flints knapped by Tom Fuller.  That stuff is wonderful, much better than the supposed oooh-baby French amber.  Never had much luck with Frog rocks sparking or lasting long in the lock. 

How did you get your hands on the English flint?  (For those of you in Pennsylvania, English flint comes from England.  It's not non-Amish flint)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 03:53:51 am »
AAARGH!  YOU IDIOT!  Wasting good English flint making arrowheads when you could be making gunflints for me?!?!?!

Granted, that is a beautiful point, and I would love to haft it up on a shaft and hunt deer with it.  But AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! 

I'm currently shooting some wonderfully hard and sharp flints knapped by Tom Fuller.  That stuff is wonderful, much better than the supposed oooh-baby French amber.  Never had much luck with Frog rocks sparking or lasting long in the lock. 

How did you get your hands on the English flint?  (For those of you in Pennsylvania, English flint comes from England.  It's not non-Amish flint)

LOL, I got it from Warhawk.  I believe he got it from evil-bay.

Lt. General James Gavin

Offline warhawk

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 11:51:44 pm »
I got the English flint from the website for neolithics, it is different from everything else that i have worked with and it give me an insight into the neolithic mindset just by me knapping it.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 09:24:20 am »
I am glad you cleared that up here all the time I thought English flint was non Amish ;D ;D My grandfather was Amish but all my girlfriends were English

Bone pile Hostetler
Venice Florida