Author Topic: I need a favor  (Read 9271 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: I need a favor
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 09:24:01 am »
I'm in. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline half eye

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:46 am »
Pat, I sent 4 full size hard maple "sticks" to Dragonman a year or so ago. They were 68" long and the 4 were bundled together, The shipping was 102 dollars. But dragonman paid through the nose for a customs fee at his end.

Like Mullet said though, make sure to have the post office give a customs declaration, make sure to fill it out. Also make sure to wrap that baby with lots of plastic wrap or such.....cause it can sit on the dock for awhile till they let the recipient know to come and get it.
rich

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 10:59:51 am »
Pat, count me in as well

blackhawk

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 08:17:26 pm »
Here's my contribution so far.... ;D got her all shaped up this eve...won't be able to touch it again till next week.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »
I think I see what you have in mind......I like it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 09:37:41 pm »
Sadie Jane suggested checking with other carriers besides USPS. I haven't had a chance to do so but I will look into it. We probablt have enough volenteers to cover the cost. Once I figure how much I will get back to y'all.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 08:02:16 am »
  HERE'S A LITTLE HEHEPL
 I ship all my staves and bows in carpet center tubes.
 I get mine from a carbet installment store. There 4 inch a carbet tube cutinto ships 2 bows or staves. There 1/4 thick I just carboard and duck tabe the ends shut.
  I'm a regure at the post offic.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Gaur

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:19 am »
Pat check with UPS and FED EX.  I recall another thread about shipping and people said they do longer lengths than USPS.  Probably cost more but looks like lots of people offered help on this one.  Might be less hassle for the receiver on the other end too with customs through one of those carriers.
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 09:04:46 pm »
I got the dimensions and approx weight from Chris. (68" x 3" PVE pipe weighing approx 10# counting the PVC). I searched on line some today but came up with no idea of package regs, etc. I will call on Monday and see what I can find out.
 I'm still not sure what the best way to get the shipping money to Chris. I guess we could each send a check or actual money.   Someone suggested a Pay Pal account. I've never dealt with Pay Pal but if anyone wants to handle that they are welcomed to do so. As soon as I find out a shipping, etc amount we can figure out the rest.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 12:35:54 am »
I can help with some money.

Chris if you want to skin it let me know. I'm about caught up in that regard and I may be able to help with that.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 01:05:46 am »
It seems length is the issue.  Girth seem pretty liberal.  Put the bow/pvc pipe in a rectangle box diagonally corner to opposite corner. Wahlah, you get a 68" bow/pvc pipe in a 60" box.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:54 am »
I'm in.PM me on payment destination details.I'm not sure but I think Marc St. Louis has made and sent war bows to Europe.I could be wrong.I'll PM him to find out.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2012, 11:45:44 am »
 >:D im in let me know.

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 11:58:35 am »
I got a quote today. FedEx is the cheapest. For express service, 2 day delivery, it will cost $139.04 and for regular service, 4 days, $122.99. This quote is from a local company that deals with all three(USPS,UPS,FedEX) carriers. The quote was searched from Brevard, NC.   I'll contact Chris and have him check from his hometown to see if it is the same. He will be sending the package so he will have to check it out there.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 12:31:00 pm »
I'm in, Pat. Just let me know. I have a package going out to Chris anyway and I can just put the check in with it.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA