Author Topic: I need a favor  (Read 9167 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: I need a favor
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 08:17:39 pm »
Yea, I sent Del billets because the shipping was prohibitive on a stave.  Weirdly, it isn't that way coming back, he sent a regular stave to the US for less than I spent.  Maybe blackhawk could finish the bow except for the handle and then one of the rest of us could make it a takedown.  It isn't as hard to cut somebody else's bow in half. ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 08:36:53 pm »
Sounds like you might have to convert it to a takedown, Blackhawk!! ;)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »
me thinks takedown is cool but not necessary unless intended
ive shipped many a bicycle to europe over the years(not as long as a bow but overall dimensions much greater)
it can be done
just check all the carriers before ya make that decision imho
wild women don't get the blues

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »
I think if we have enough folks throwin in the pot,then it won't be too big a deal to cover the expense?

In any event I just long string tillered it to 50@24 and its ready to be heat shaped >:D....but I gotta stop and go take care of some business....no messin around with this one...crankin it out >:D

And its gonna be a slight bendy,so no cuttin this thing in half.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »
I have a take down sleeve I will donate but I don't have the time to install it....thats why I still have it!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »
I think if we have enough folks throwin in the pot,then it won't be too big a deal to cover the expense?

In any event I just long string tillered it to 50@24 and its ready to be heat shaped >:D....but I gotta stop and go take care of some business....no messin around with this one...crankin it out >:D

What business? Wash your SuperBowyer cape or what? .......................The clock is ticking slow poke....................
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

What business? Wash your SuperBowyer cape or what? .......................The clock is ticking slow poke....................

Like talking serious with a guy selling my old house type business ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 09:30:52 pm »
Niiiiice......
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »
The shipping deals with the length, they won't haggle, it'll come back. I didn't remember how long, but 60" sounds right. And I think it was regular mail for about $25, and don't forget to fill out the Customs paper work for Arts and Craft supplies or the reciepiant will pay a fortune in custom taxes. And don't insure it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:12 pm »
Count me in for part of the  shipping. Just let me know when and where to send it.
Steve Bennett

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 12:28:54 am »
In.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline country

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:26 am »
count me in... more than happy to contribute...

Offline johnston

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 12:51:35 am »
Hey it may be expensive but we gotta lot of guys and gals willing to chip in. Don't cut
the damn thing just give us a dollar amount.  I'm in for that.

Lane

Offline DGF

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 01:46:05 am »
Count me in for my share as well.

From what I have seen in so many aspects of the bow swap we have a top notch group of people here. On so many of the bows you hear of a bow made of a stave from so and so, with fancy tips from so and so, grip material from so and so, with help from so and so... This is just one more example of that generosity that is so abundant here. Simply awesome!

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline Weylin

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 02:40:52 am »
I'm happy to chip in. Let me know what I should give.