Author Topic: Basement Renos Finally Done, Including "Hobby Room"  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Basement Renos Finally Done, Including "Hobby Room"
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:38:43 am »
Well, after chipping away at it for over 2 years, I finally finished rebuilding our basement after discovering a bunch of mold behind the walls.  I'm pretty pumped, not only because I don't have to hear about how long we've been without a basement anymore, but also because I have a spare bedroom now to use however I please.  Now I have somewhere to tinker away at projects (other than the kitchen table), and I won't have to freeze out in the garage in winter anymore.  I have it pretty much laid out the way I want it, but I still have to mount a pulley/tiller tree setup, and figure out how I'm gonna be able to mount a vice to the desk and still be able to work all around it.  I think I have something in mind.  It's only about 8 x 12 feet, so I really have to make the most of my space.

Here are a few pics:

Spare bedroom (boring...)

Rec Room (I'll be spending some time here!)

But most important, MY room!
I was thinking of mounting the tiller tree on this wall...

But I think it will work better on the back wall since I'll be able to look at it from farther away

I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing with this wall, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Offline SA

Re: Basement Renos Finally Done, Including "Hobby Room"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:24:00 am »
now thats a high class bow making area :D very nice.
Shawn Acker

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 01:58:58 am »
I got space - it just aint clean and shiny like yours!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:46:19 am »
Very nice work,that room will look good with a bunch odf shavings on the floor,you may find out it ant really you room to do as you please after all. ;) :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:35:52 am »
Excellent work amigo. Like those colors. Definatley a man cave..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »
Great work. nothing like scratchin' one or more items off the "honey-do" list. May your tillering tree bear much fruit.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 01:21:05 pm »
There's lots of ghost orbs floating around the rec room. :o Better call Ghost Hunters right away! Don't need any bad mojo down there! :D

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 01:43:56 pm »
Little bright for my tastes, but good work.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 02:33:01 pm »
Thanks guys.  I figured I'd take a few pictures while it's still clean, because it probably won't stay that way for long.  I have a feeling you're right though Pappy, I'll have to see what I can get away with, but I'm sure I'll be getting told when it gets too out of hand :)

Tom - those are ghosts? I thought my lens was just dirty ;) I better call in some experts right away.

I wasn't real keen on the colors either.  But the better half chose them and I wasn't about to argue.  You gotta pick your battles right?  They are definitely bright!  The burnt-orange is actually really starting to grow on me.