Author Topic: sweet laila  (Read 1153 times)

Offline SA

sweet laila
« on: August 25, 2012, 10:13:20 pm »
we had to put our 11 1/2 year old boxer(laila) down yesterday, it was the hardest decision i have ever made .
 she had dm and lost the use of here back legs ,this disease is horrible it works up the spine paralyzing  limbs and starts to effect the organs  slowly progressing over time(2 years with her) . the last few months are when she lost use of her legs but we stopped it before it effected her heart or lungs. boxers are great dogs and she will be truly missed she was a good friend.
 i have one more left her name is roxy thats 8 yrs old and i dread the day she passes  but i will enjoy every moment until then ,i think thats what life is really about , just the moments with family and friends. here of just a couple of pics of them
Shawn Acker

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: sweet laila
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »
Ese I'm very sorry for your loss. It hurt real bad when you have to make that decision. She looks like she was a darn good girl and well loved her whole life.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 11:18:29 pm »
Very sorry for your loss.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 12:03:50 am »
sorry for your loss. I had a Rottweiler for 16yrs brakes your heart when they go... :embarassed:
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline SA

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 12:35:20 am »
thanks c she was very loved.
thanks jimbob.
thanks vinemaplebows, man your not kiddin it does break your heart.

Shawn Acker

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 01:20:02 am »
Sorry for your loss Shawn.  I've never had a boxer, but have met a lot of them out at dog parks, and there just seems to be something special about their personality and energy.  I've lost a couple of my best buds, and know how rough it is.  But it does get easier - in time you may even start thinking about bringing another one into your life.  In the meantime, just remembering all the good times you had will help make the first few weeks a little better.