Author Topic: I'm P O'd  (Read 10503 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: I'm P O'd
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 07:53:55 pm »
This stuff makes the debate over certain weapons being used seem frivoluos. No matter what you hunt with it all goes bye-bye if dipshittz like this have any say.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 08:19:55 pm »
tracy we have quite a few teachers like you here, but they are out numbered, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:28 pm »
In elementary school kids were sent to the principal for pointing their fingers at each other and saying "bang"
The teachers called in my parents(who both work) when I was in preschool because I drew a turkey with an arrow in it and a deer with crosshairs over it's heart,  when they asked how I could draw such things I said" with crayons" hunting season was coming up and I was pumped up... But teachers tried to discourage me at every turn
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline johnston

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:34 pm »
Will not belabor any of the already well expressed opinions and have to agree with
JW  we are really close to the line here on political discourse.

However I truly feel that if something major doesn't happen to refocus our country,
if it even exists, anarchy will be inevitable. Major companies run the world not
governments, sad but true. But for people like us, not only armed but willing," freedoms ,"
 rights as we know them,will be as gone as our heritage of hunter gatherers. When children are
vilified over personal choices that the controllers dislike , we are in trouble. Or maybe THEY are.

Lane

youngbowyer

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:23 pm »
In elementary school kids were sent to the principal for pointing their fingers at each other and saying "bang"
The teachers called in my parents(who both work) when I was in preschool because I drew a turkey with an arrow in it and a deer with crosshairs over it's heart,  when they asked how I could draw such things I said" with crayons" hunting season was coming up and I was pumped up... But teachers tried to discourage me at every turn
lol that's too funny. I never had problems like that in elementary school. My teachers thought my bows and arrows were cool and they let me bring in an arrow that had a field point on it with no problems.

Offline bubby

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 06:29:17 am »
Will not belabor any of the already well expressed opinions and have to agree with
JW  we are really close to the line here on political discourse.

However I truly feel that if something major doesn't happen to refocus our country,
if it even exists, anarchy will be inevitable. Major companies run the world not
governments, sad but true. But for people like us, not only armed but willing," freedoms ,"
 rights as we know them,will be as gone as our heritage of hunter gatherers. When children are
vilified over personal choices that the controllers dislike , we are in trouble. Or maybe THEY are.

Lane       your on point Lane, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:47 am »
The meeting got resceduled to Monday morning. This school isn't a country school but in town, and a different mindset then the suburban schools. I'm hoping he meant families hunting together was not common in this school. My grandson said he didn't make a really big deal out of it, and we wouldn't have known about it if my Grandson hadn't of said anything.

So I'm giving him the benifit of doubt to start with, especially since my best friend told me yesterday that the guy is a distance cousin of his.

And this wasn't started to get into political debates, we can all work on that in November. I was just venting. I can't stand someone in authority making a stupid statement like it was a fact.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 01:59:36 pm »
In our current P.C. culture I thought that there were stiff criminal penalties for using the word "normal"!

I say we tie this guy to a chair and make him watch some of Billy Berger's videos!  I'd rather be a Billy Berger than a "normal"...whatever normal is. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 05:23:57 pm »
I understand fully why you are upset........that kind of reaction and conversation from the principal is absurd.  But in this day and age there is zero tolerance for anything.  I do not know what we are going to do.  I have two boys, six and three.  I worry very deeply about the future.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »
The heck with them...tell them practice makes perfect.....if they are going to think that anyway.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 10:32:18 pm »
Ask him if he supports the concept of academic freedom as foundation for building  lifelong learners or does he prefer the sublimation and condemnation of  views foreign to his current  and popular  dogma as a compass for his educational institution
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2012, 10:50:12 pm »
Ask him if he supports the concept of academic freedom as foundation for building  lifelong learners or does he prefer the sublimation and condemnation of  views foreign to his current  and popular  dogma as a compass for his educational institution

What he said to times 10 to the hundred power times infinity.  8)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »
Don't get me started....
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »
Hmmmm... I think this might be explained by a simple picture...   ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Kpete

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 03:40:35 pm »
Mullet,
That is frustrating.  I hunted WITH some of my teachers in Jr. High and High School.  We hauled pelts into school for one teacher who was making a fur jacket.
I don't know what kind of access you have to this educator but maybe a handshake, a smile, and some discussion over coffee about the positive aspects of what you do with your grandson.  Maybe some enlightening information about the damage that hogs do, or the historical significance of archery, about the craftsmanship that you are demonstrating to your grandson, about the benefits of teaching a grandson to be manly. 
It may not help, but flies come to sugar rather than vinegar.
And do what Cip said as you proceed.
Cheerio!