Author Topic: BOW TRADE-contact who you are building for!  (Read 16551 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: BOW TRADE-contact who you are building for!
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2012, 02:11:03 pm »
For the vast and overwhelming majority of people in here, something has to be going wrong to not make the right move on a trade.  Things happen, sometimes they just plain avalanche.  We all get that. 

For those that are coming up short on sending their bow out on the trade, send me a p.m.  I got a few I might be able to send on to the recipient on the down-low.  No need to make it all public. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »
Post them Eddie! I think everyone has had a chance to man up to this trade. I have sent each person a PM and later an email and have only heard from one person.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2012, 02:17:01 pm »
Van Halen said it best, "Hang em' High".
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sharpend60

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2012, 03:05:55 pm »

Only one response?

At first I was wondering why people were getting so fired up in this thread.
It suddenly became clear!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2012, 04:55:00 pm »
I'm hesitant to comment on this, but I feel I should just for my own good.  I can think of a lot of valid reasons for not making the deadline.  I am however quite hardpressed to come up with an excuse for the lack of communication .  I'm also having a hard time believing that there are multiple people on this forum that would intentionally stiff somebody on a trade like this.  I have really enjoyed this trade and hope to do it again.  It would really disappoint me to see such a positive event turn into an ugly squabble.  If this keeps up, I seriously doubt there will be anybody would want to take the reigns again.  I'm not knocking anyone, I completely understand the frustration.  I would just like to avoid bad feelings about the trade.  All that being said, I would like to make a similar offer as what Jw made.  If you are having trouble making your bow for whatever reason, shoot me a pm.  I have a lot of unused bows.  I can send one out for you, no explanation or excuses needed.  No strings attached.  Josh

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2012, 05:10:58 pm »
I completely agree with gun doc and am more than willing to help with a x-tra bow for someone. But I do believe that people should stand up and ask for help instead of having a moderator do it for them. If you took the time to join the trade than you should have the time to let someone know that you can not finish. And if you got a bow and am M.I.A.  on sending one out, you have no excuse.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2012, 07:03:08 pm »
I agree with JW. I don't feel good about smearing peoples names publicly. Who knows what the circumstances were. I just don't think there's that much to gain from it. I think it should be handled privately. I completely understand keeping them from future trades without an amazing excuse but that doesn't require posting their names publicly.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:42:42 pm by Weylin »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2012, 07:51:24 pm »
I say post the names.  These people signed up and had no problem receiving a bow, but didn't send one out or at least communicate with anybody  >:(  I have a lot of respect for the guy that sent Mullets trade bow on to his guy because he wasn't going to be able to get a bow made.  Why couldn't the MIA guys do the same? 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Weylin

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2012, 08:09:17 pm »
I guess I hadn't thought about the fact that they had received bows.  :-\ That's extremely lame to not communicate after you got a bow in the mail but haven't sent one out. Still not keen on the public humiliation though.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »
Just a shame...  I mean a simple PM...  I'm sick, family problems, I built five and they all broke. I can't think of a valid excuse for not communicating short of being in a coma or dead and I don't think there is a person on PA that would not be understanding.... guess I don't get it???   

Post em...  give me some specs and a recipient ...  I've got a couple done and four or five in the works and like I said I need the practice ...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:52:54 pm by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline John K

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2012, 09:00:06 pm »
I would like to know who i'm trading with in the future  ;) 8)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline johnston

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2012, 10:07:58 pm »
Willing to bet my builder is the one that has contacted Pat because he has also contacted me.
His problems were legit and I have no doubt the bow will be here soon.

In a former post I offered to consider one of my new halfeye bows as a trade bow. What I meant
was that I was willing to send it on to someone who has not received a bow so that the feeble old
 guy would not have to build another. After all it takes him almost four hours to build one....

Never meant to imply I doubted my builder I just have trouble thinking and typing at the same time.

Was not in the trade last year but I seem to recall there was a bit of trouble that went on for a while.
Think we should cut to the chase and names should be posted. But that's just me.

Lane

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »
Here's an idea, however messed up and extreme it may sound... Why not require a 50 dollar deposit before a member is eligible to participate in the bow trade? If for whatever reason the member does not send their recipient a bow, and makes no attempt to contact or make good on the trade past a certain date, the recipient can receive the 50 dollar deposit. After a successful trade however, and a recipient can confirm the bow was received, or at least proof of shipping/tracking number/shipping receipt scan, than deposit can be returned? I know the only problem would be people who sent their bow, but the receivers who would not contact the admin's to confirm they recieved it... ??? The 50 dollars would probably be motivation for someone to get a bow out there and not just blow off somebody, in case someone like that signed up for the bow trade. Or at least motivation not to sign up at all, if someone has any motive at all to blow someone off. I was thinking the hardcore people would be down for it, but alot of other people might not have 50 bucks on hand to sign up (I rarely do). I don't know, I was just brain stormin I guess...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:30:38 pm by toomanyknots »
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline JonW

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 10:33:01 pm »
Like my Granny would say," Shame, shame,shame, I hope Jesus isn't watching you." >:(

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2012, 11:27:21 pm »
Send me any names that are in my area I will gladly show up on there door step !
I would be glad to help them out !
Guy
(Northern Ohio, northern Indiana, southern Michigan  !)
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !