Author Topic: BOW TRADE-contact who you are building for!  (Read 16540 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: BOW TRADE-contact who you are building for!
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2012, 03:58:02 pm »
What about requiring a phone number when we PM our info to whoever runs the trade next year.  At least that would be one more line of communication   :-\

Thanks to all the guys that are making make-up bows.  And Pearly's right about them being better bows  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline coaster500

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2012, 04:29:15 pm »
We did make out Ken that bow Rich is building is Sweeeeeeeet :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2012, 06:42:10 pm »
I just got an email from my guy. Seems I have a #55 ash longbow coming from across the pond. Never had a longbow made by a real Englishman. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:07 pm »
You have the draw for one, Eddie!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2012, 06:54:53 pm »
Jolly good bow indeed Eddie, Jolly good!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2012, 06:55:09 pm »
Cool Eddie an IMPORT ;)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2012, 07:37:55 pm »
The bow heading to England is going to this builder.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2012, 12:26:27 pm »
TTT

Offline half eye

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2012, 02:58:05 pm »
ttt

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2012, 06:51:21 pm »
I got both of the bows Half Eye made for me this week and have shot them a lot today. These stiff handled bows, along with the bendy handle I got from him earlier all shoot terrific. I will post some pics and details later today or tomorrow.

Pat, you can mark me down as having received. Thanks a bunch Rich!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2012, 08:55:53 pm »
Lenny, I marked you off the other day when Rich sent me a PM stating both bows had been sent. Looking forward to pics.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2012, 05:59:35 pm »
Ttt

Offline Mn9130

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »
I keep seeing posts about the "bow trade."

What is it?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2012, 11:35:32 pm »
Once or twice a year someone gets a bad mental disease and decides he is going to organize a bow trade.  People then jump in like absolute maniacs and start digging thru their piles of unused wood with the intent of building the best bow they can muster for someone they, in all likelyhood, have never met, other than text on a computer screen. 

Everyone that wants to be involved sends a message to the organizer with their preferred stats (for example I like something 50-55 lbs of draw weight, 26 inch draw length, and I shoot right handed without the use of an arrow shelf).  The organizer then starts drawing names out of a hat and sending them on to all the participants.  There is a deadline by which you are supposed to have your bow finished and shipped.  You, of course, balance rushing to finish along with doing your best work, and get your bow shipped out to someone that has no idea that it is you that is working feverishly to make him/her their soon-to-be absolute most favoritest bow in the world. 

And in turn, you rush madly to the mail several times daily until one day when that gloriously long and narrow package arrives at your home.  Your knees get weak, drool runs off both sides of your chin (because you are level headed, you know), and you can't get the package open fast enough.  When you do, you are ready to cry when you see it.  There are angels singing, a shaft of the purest white light falls from the skies on you, and all you can see is this incredible bow in your hands. 

And that's exactly how it happens for most people.  Sadly, this time there were a few glaring exceptions.  Now is when we as a community step up to the plate and new people volunteer to get bows finished at the last minute for those that didn't live up to their end of the bargain. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2012, 11:38:22 pm »
i think jw pretty     much summed it up
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what