Author Topic: ADD anyone?  (Read 5374 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
ADD anyone?
« on: August 11, 2012, 03:22:09 pm »
Yah I got it bad, bad, bad. I cant sit around and wait for things to cool, dry, or steam without doing two other things at the same time. Ever try building a bow from a belly split off a belly split? Thats what I got cooking. Its tiny and maybe 11/16" wide at the widest point and 56" long ntn. Im not intending on a kids bow necessarily... >:D

I needed a full stave for another project and seen the rings where just huge so I split the belly off with screw drivers. After I got done I split the split and it worked. I figure it deserved a shot at being a bow. Not to mention I hope to get three bows from what I counted as only one.

I'll report back soon, tip overlays are drying...then on to the bending  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D and it will be bending!

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: ADD anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »
AD...oh, what's this shiny button do? 

*click* 

-User offline
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 05:01:06 pm »
Sounds fun Pearly ;) Not "officially" diagnosed, but I'm easily distracted..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 05:33:45 pm »
Some people say I might have adult ADD but.....
Oh look, a squirrell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 07:07:36 pm »
Pretty sure I have a little extra ADD I can give away. I've got two bows in the works, multiple turkey calls, deer grunt call, a canoe, some arrows, a couple knifes, and i probably should cut the grass, clean the shop, and eat somethin for dinner, but I'm too busy playin on the internet...for a minute.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 08:02:04 pm »
I was going to reply, but I got distracted.  Oh... a bunny.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:47:39 pm »
a.d.d whats that
got knives in the forge normalizing
got a t hawk in the oven tempering
stare at my hop hornbeam oh wait i got some arrow work to do
man im thirsty. where did i leave that beer?
crap!  wifes mad cause shes called me to dinner 3 times
dont really know if its a.d.d or the old timers settin in
but ive got the attention span of a 2 year old and my memorys shorter than gary coleman

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 10:57:18 pm »
I worked on six different bows today and shot ten different bows.

The subject bow, by the way, turned out sweeter than heck. Although light. Its marking 26# @ 24". Perfect for some youngster or lady. I'll post pics in a day or two all finished. Its the neatest little bow I have made so far.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

owlbait

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 11:23:04 pm »
Any word on the wood we left ya Pearl? I don't have ADD, I'm just curious. I hope it works out well and you can help me with some general dimensions and tips :D Of course, its all about me but since you have ADD then you have the time and energy to think about MY problems.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 11:58:50 pm »
 Like a squirrel on acid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 12:22:46 am »
Honestly I think a lot of ADD is people were made to be in the woods being stuck in class rooms.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 12:23:28 am »
Let's see pics Pearly.......

How about OCD????  Except I don't like it in (un) alphabetical order so I call it CDO :laugh:

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 12:33:45 am »
Man, you and me both Cip, looks those staves are out of order, that short one should be on the end...  Good grief.

Cool thread.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 09:29:09 am »
Honestly I think a lot of ADD is people were made to be in the woods being stuck in class rooms.

Gabe

I couldnt agree more Gabe. I will promis you thats my problem. Im a 100% outside kid year round. When Im outside I slow down...some. Its where i need to be and its obvious to me.

Let's see pics Pearly.......

How about OCD????  Except I don't like it in (un) alphabetical order so I call it CDO :laugh:

Cipriano

Gotta get her sanded and sealed today Cip. Myabe tomorrow after I grip it. Its a round bellied baby ELB in the 58" range. Cool little bow, holds some reflex even.  And to think I just wanted one bow from that stave. Looking at the original belly split, it almost appears I could two from it. That would get me to four bows and one stave.

*NEW GUYS*

Dont try to squeeze every stave you can like this, its a bad idea and a good way to get ZERO bows out of a stave. I have plenty of wood and experience playing with it. Concenrate on getting one, then mess around if you will.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 09:32:52 am »
Any word on the wood we left ya Pearl? I don't have ADD, I'm just curious. I hope it works out well and you can help me with some general dimensions and tips :D Of course, its all about me but since you have ADD then you have the time and energy to think about MY problems.

Not yet Mike. I have four bows in various stages I need to get done for people first. Then its on to another for me. I will keep you posted.