Author Topic: I know this is the wrong place for this but....  (Read 14051 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: I know this is the wrong place for this but....
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 01:12:30 pm »
Sounds to me like someone is filling your daughter's heads full of garbage and brainwashing them for vindictive reasons, not a good situation. If so, like has already been said, it will be something else used against you if you get rid of all the hunting stuff that means so much to you. Don't change who you are. Children shouldn't be used as weapons.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

makete

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 01:57:03 pm »
Sorry to hear about this. I have had problems with my x-wife not letting me put my ancestural item in the house. I had to put my foot down and tell her that I live in this house too and she is not the only one to be able to decorate the rooms the way she wanted. She had her family photos on the walls and shelves but would not let me put up my stuff. Dont have to worry about this any more as the lady I'm now with is also Native American. I have a friend who married a Russian woman and she told him, no more hunting or fishing. I guess he thinks somethings are more important :o :-* .This guy lived for hunting and fishing but she has something he wanted more. There will be problems in that relationship.

Offline Badger

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 02:29:47 pm »
I probably shouldnt reply right now as I am boiling mad over a similar issue, I just read this post as I was fuming. My girlfriend came to live with me, bows and arrows no longer hang on the walls. Then they got moved to the garage. Now my reading material is always filed away instead of on my nightstand. Now I spend too much time talking to archery friends on the phone, My once a month archery meets are too much, going out and building bows in the morning is taking too much time. I have had it and something is going to change around here today!!!  Steve

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 03:02:35 pm »
Everyone....your support is heartwarming really, but I don't want to be the catalyst to something uglier than what I have right now...let's keep a cool head and think things over before we act or speak out.

Offline markinengland

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 04:28:18 pm »
My take on it is if this is just about your den, well, it's your den. What you want in your den is your business. If someone wants you to change who you are or what you like to do, or how you like to decorate your own very personal space then that is controlling behaviour of the most basic kind. As someone else said, it is this now, do it and later it will be something else until you have lost who you are, what you like to do etc. the only way to fight this kind of manipulation is to expose it for what it is, challenge the right the controller feels to tell you who to be and what to like.
If this is an issue in the general areas of shared space around the house, then I think a compromise may be in order. A compromise something along the lines of you get to keep your stuff in the den or garage in your space and the woman(women) of your life get to choose dead-animal free decore, women are kind of funny about this for some reason. I'd like my axe collection above the mantle piece but the wife isn't keen for similar reasons! They tend to like pastel colours, flowers, lacey curtain and far too many scatter cushions. Almost never do women crave the heads of dead animals on their walls! If you find one be careful, maybe she is a man! No offence intended just in case there are women who like animals forcing themselves headfirst through the walls!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 05:11:05 pm »
Almost never do women crave the heads of dead animals on their walls! If you find one be careful, maybe she is a man!
Now that is just plain funny. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 09:16:14 pm »
I wouldn't change anything, kids aren't stupid, they'll get to a point where they'll realize someone has been filling their heads with crap, If you love them and they love you it will all fall into place and the manipulating person will end up losing in the end.
VB

brian melton

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 09:51:07 pm »

Go get her badger!!!!! >:D ;D  Men costantly bend for women....there has been reference to it here several times here...remember you are a man...take a stand!!!

Badger's example is VERY typical of a womens slow deliberate actions to impose their likes/beliefs. They carefully pass these traits on to their daughters....learning to NOT get what they want from their father, will in the long run HOPEFULLY teach these young ladies to RESPECT a mans negotiated "space." All things in life that have to do with relationships are negotiated, and when one lays ultimative language to the other, it is time to walk!!!!

I as well am interested in the age of these girls....girls in the teen yrs seem to be more apt to adopt a animal activist attitude tward hunting as it may be the "IN" thing within their social group...I have seen it many times. Tear it down with facts, as they are generally emotionally connected through friendships to "fit" what the group of friends believe. Do they still eat fast food, meat, eggs??? explain where, and how it is obtained....if they are vegans...you may be scr#wed!!!

Unless you were a non-hunter when you met your ex-wife, she through the decision of getting married excepted your life style.....she may not have agreed, but she did except it....as your daughters should do as well!!

Brian

Offline PatM

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 10:00:50 pm »
What is that saying? A woman marries a man thinking he will change, but he doesn't. A man marries a woman thinking she won't change, but she does. :)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 11:16:53 pm »
Easternarcher, never underestimate the POWER of PRAYER....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline jpitts

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 12:10:10 am »
Amen to what you both sayd Pat and Koan....AMEN !!!
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 03:04:02 am »
Some good advice here! Never been married and dont have children (that I know of!!!  ;D) But, I will say that maybe when they come over put a note on the door telling them you are at the dock ready to go fishing and if they want to just sit arround on the porch they are happy to or they can come join you for a day with dad.  If they are children arround 10 - 13 this will likley work if not then they should learn your world does not revolve arround them but is a place where you and your children can meet together. Just sad to hear you are having such trouble.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 07:12:35 am »
I feel your pain, being forced to chose either doing what you love or being with the ones you love. That is so sad. :'(
Life is short do what brings you joy and happiness. If the kids can't handle it so be it, sounds to me like their old enough
to make their own choices. Don't shut them out by any means but continue with your pursuits anyway.

My wife loves to hunt and fish but she still has her rules for me  ::) Heres a pic of her 2006 buck, shes waiting for
it to come back from the taxidermists.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 08:37:18 am »

Go get her badger!!!!! >:D ;D  Men costantly bend for women....there has been reference to it here several times here...remember you are a man...take a stand!!!

Badger's example is VERY typical of a womens slow deliberate actions to impose their likes/beliefs. They carefully pass these traits on to their daughters....learning to NOT get what they want from their father, will in the long run HOPEFULLY teach these young ladies to RESPECT a mans negotiated "space." All things in life that have to do with relationships are negotiated, and when one lays ultimative language to the other, it is time to walk!!!!

I as well am interested in the age of these girls....girls in the teen yrs seem to be more apt to adopt a animal activist attitude tward hunting as it may be the "IN" thing within their social group...I have seen it many times. Tear it down with facts, as they are generally emotionally connected through friendships to "fit" what the group of friends believe. Do they still eat fast food, meat, eggs??? explain where, and how it is obtained....if they are vegans...you may be scr#wed!!!

Unless you were a non-hunter when you met your ex-wife, she through the decision of getting married excepted your life style.....she may not have agreed, but she did except it....as your daughters should do as well!!
Brian

Girls are 10 and 13 (just) and yes, they love their burgers and such...as I see it, it was just an excuse to use against me....their loyalty is with Mom. As much as I've tried, I can't even get them off the couch these days. What kid doesn't like playing around in a canoe???or splashing around in the swimming hole..Not unless it is a clorinated public pool!  They do think with all seriousness that the world revolves around them and they get what they want (from Mom)..I'm the bad guy because I ask for respect and reasonable conversation from them.
I've really started something here haven't I?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 08:42:08 am by Easternarcher »

makete

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:41 am »
Way to go Mrs. Dana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My live in partner is also now into hunting thanks to me. Got her a gun a few years back and she loves to go hunting. Sit with her dad most times, was with him when he got his last deer. Sorry to hear about the tug-a-war with kisd and ex-wife (?). Know all about that.