Author Topic: bamboo(and where to get it)  (Read 4044 times)

Harrifer

bamboo(and where to get it)
« on: September 15, 2007, 03:33:43 pm »
Okay, obviously I'm talking about large pieces of bamboo. Large enough to back a bow with. Where would I get some of this? Garden centres only seem to sell the little canes of bamboo. By the way I live in Surrey, England if anyone knows any places in the general area.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: bamboo(and where to get it)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 07:25:54 pm »
I recommend getting it from a bow supplier.  I personally like Pine Hollow, and they are an advertiser in the magazine. http://www.pinehollowlongbows.com/products2.asp?CategoryID=2 Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Harrifer

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 11:14:26 am »
I recommend getting it from a bow supplier.  I personally like Pine Hollow, and they are an advertiser in the magazine. http://www.pinehollowlongbows.com/products2.asp?CategoryID=2 Justin

You're suggesting I have 6 foot of bamboo sent across the atlantic?  ???

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:20:56 am »
Check your local botanical gardens. Bamboo is renewable so some can be harvested without effecting the life of the plant.    Also, do a google search for boo distributors in your country.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Rich Saffold

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 01:36:52 am »
PM Mark in England..He lives there , and makes  bamboo backed and self bows..in fact he has one on this page right now.. ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 05:13:53 pm »
Sorry, I forgot about that darn 60" limit.  The cost isn't so bad, but the length restriction is. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah