Author Topic: Northwestern Style, Sinew Backed Yew Shorty 65lbs@21"  (Read 3936 times)

Offline PaleoNinja

Re: Northwestern Style, Sinew Backed Yew Shorty 65lbs@21"
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 12:20:12 am »
Thanks for the Kind Words Gentlemen,

Bryce I agree with you, It could have used a little more bend in the Handle but I accidentally made it slightly narrower than I intended, So I decided to Keep the Bending in the Handle very very slight, only perceivable by feel to the archer.

Tom Sawyer your eyes do not lie, there are two very large scooped out areas in the bows working section.  When I received the stave I Cursed the two large Bumps that were easily visible even with the Bark on.  Beleive it or not I ended up using a Hammer and Chisel to scoop these sections out.  My blood Pressure was off the charts while I did this as you can imagine.  I then Tillered through that area using a small piece of a Belt Sander Belt and a great deal of patience.  In the End I'm glad that the bow had those bumps because I love how they look now.

Killir Duck- It's 2.5 inches wide, very wide and very thin indeed.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 03:36:36 am »
What's the handle width?
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Badger

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 03:44:50 am »
 Nice bow, is he drawing that bow with a pinch grip?

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 05:08:33 am »
Paleoninja,   Did you have that bow at the western States Trad Rendevous?  This appears to be the same bow, but the finish and artwork have really made it stand out.   Great finish!   If it's the same bow I shot out on the golf course I can tell evreyone that it really spits an arrow.   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline Keenan

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 12:53:39 pm »
Very nice flat bow Paleo, Love the art work and love the yew paddle bows in general. Great looking profile.