Author Topic: New Member From Northern California  (Read 1872 times)

Offline norcalbowhunter

New Member From Northern California
« on: July 03, 2012, 09:53:28 pm »
Hello All,

I was heavily involved in bow hunting and making bows about 10 years ago. I'm just now getting back into it. I have been in love with bows for most of my life. My grandfather gave me a Youth Bow by Bear Archery when I was about 8 and I have loved them ever since. I tried a compound bow in my early twenties and hated it. They shoot really accurately but I just didn't feel right out in the wood with that contraption.

As life goes on and career and children take up most of your waking hours its hard to focus on a hobby. Well...my kids are all getting older now (they are all teenagers) so I now have more time to devote to what I enjoy. I'm really excited because my two sons (ages 18 and 13) are really getting into bow hunting and bow making so its turning into a family affair. We are all diligently working on bows in our backyard workshop. We each have one that we are making for ourselves and one in the works for a friend. We are getting backlogged though...when friends here you know how to make bows everyone wants one!

I'm a General Contractor and I own a small business in Vacaville, Ca. Its located right in between San Francisco and Sacramento. It probably sounds like I live in the city but if You drive 10 mins in most directions it gets rural pretty quick. There are some beautiful hills around here! I look forward to learning a lot and sharing some of my experiences on the message board. I will post some pics of our bows in progress as soon as I can.

I have been reading PA for about 5 years off and on and I'm going to subscribe shortly. This forum is a wealth of information! Thanks to All who contribute!

Craig
Greenhorn Bowyer

Offline H Rhodes

Re: New Member From Northern California
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »
Welcome aboard!  There is a wealth of information flowing around this site.  I think you have come to the right place.   :)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 10:20:32 pm »
Welcome to the club!  Just about everything you'll want to know and some you don't can all be found here. Great bunch  and good info.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 10:36:12 pm »
Welcome to the clan! You're right, there is a great bunch of folks here to help you in your bow making endeavors. Glad to have you aboard!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:33:52 pm »
Welcome, always room for more here,looking forward to seeing your pictures.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:25:54 am »
Welcome Craig!!! 
You couldn't be any greener than I was. These folks are the best you will love it here.
I now live south of you (San Luis Obispo) but lived in Lake County north of you for 26 plus years. Nice to have another California boy here :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 12:28:36 am »
Welcome and glad to have you.....I have sure learned a lot from here.......and will be for a long time I hope.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 01:08:54 am »
Bien venido. Are you near Redding?

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline PaleoNinja

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 02:33:25 am »
I live about an hour away from you! I've sent you a personal message.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 02:40:17 am »
Sorry. I don't live there anymore. I did in 91 and bow hunted near McCloud with a Hoyt Raider compound. Good hunting in that area back then.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bubby

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 06:31:30 am »
welcome to the addiction, i'm a couple hrs north in red bluff, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹