Author Topic: First attempt at a molly  (Read 6314 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
First attempt at a molly
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:32:06 pm »
Here is my first attempt at an extreme molly, "Blackhawk"is the name. Thanks for the nudging to get me started on here, your a great friend Chris. The bow is from 20 yr old osage, 61" ntn, 54 @ 27". Its a 50/50 ratio with 12 3/4" lever's and 12 3/4" workers. It holds about 1" of reflex. The backing is common carp trimmed with black silk thread.  The grip is deer skin tanned. The overlays are from the sawed off stave ends. The picture showing the levers has an 11/32 spruce shaft along side for comparison. I have no chrony, but its a screamer trust me.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: First attempt at a molly
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:34:20 pm »
A few more. I went hog wild with my NEW camera!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:46:16 pm »
GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY!!!!!!    ;D

Not only is that a gorgeous looking stick,but you unlocked ALL the potential from her.....dang that baby is working too

Im honored that ya named her after me..thanks buddy.... ;)  ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:54 pm »
missed one!

owlbait

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:52:24 pm »
How do you get all that work done, in such a short time, and keep making great bows? I like those carp skins!

blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:57 pm »
hmmmm??  wonder where ya got the blueprints from? and how did i get ahold of your secret recipe?  >:D

thought id throw this in with your thread in case someone wanted to try there hand at this  ;)  8)    all the 13.5" numbered dimensions are suppossed to read 13.75"...adjust widths(wider) for less dense woods,or for different bow lengths/draw lenghts,draw weights...etc.....and the .700" thickness for the levers is just the starting point,and get reduced down at final tiller before shoot in cus thickness will vary with each stave

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:31:37 pm by blackhawk »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »
WOW  :o  That thing is nice.  Great job on it Pearly.  I love that streaky osage.  I've got to try one of those some day.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:29:29 pm »
That camera is takin some great pics, Pearl. Oh, yeah, and the bow ain't so bad either! :laugh:
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »
Looks nice and I bet it does shoot......Just looks plain fast.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 11:14:25 pm »
How do you get all that work done, in such a short time, and keep making great bows? I like those carp skins!

Just lucky I guess Mike!

Offline coaster500

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 11:15:15 pm »
Good Golly Miss Molly!!!!!

That is a beautiful thing there Drums!!!

How do you keep the limbs from taking a bunch of set with such a small amount of the length working? I had to ask because it's hard enough for me to do it with 70/80% of the limb working!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:21:12 pm »
Good Golly Miss Molly!!!!!

That is a beautiful thing there Drums!!!

How do you keep the limbs from taking a bunch of set with such a small amount of the length working? I had to ask because it's hard enough for me to do it with 70/80% of the limb working!!!

Great wood never hurt a thing Kip Winger!

Offline coaster500

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 11:27:21 pm »
 :laugh:

Kip Winger has left the room  ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:24:54 pm by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline scp

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:23 pm »
Incredible achievement! 25.5" working limbs @ 27" draw length; still no apparent set so far. Makes one wonder whather it's a special wood or just a good design.

Offline country

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:47 pm »
Thats a looker....think I will put that on my list...need to finish a couple others I got started though ::)