Author Topic: my new bow is finished pics. (now w/ full draw)  (Read 11464 times)

Offline Jesse

my new bow is finished pics. (now w/ full draw)
« on: September 07, 2007, 10:14:22 pm »
Thanks for looking. I am proud of this bow because it started off with problems but thanks to this forum it was saved and works great. Thanks Rich.   It is a tri lam ipe ipe with bamboo back and hickory strip in the handle. It started out at 66 n.t.n. but had trouble and by the time I got it fixed it was under weight so I cut it to 62 n.t.n. It is now 50# @ 27". The hand shock is gone and it performs great. I made it to give to the guy at the local archery shop. Hope he likes it.   I will post full draw tomorrow. I want to let the finish dry a little more.   Let me know what you guys think

Jesse
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:30:11 pm by WIBOWYER »
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline DanaM

Re: my new bow is finished pics.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:23:33 pm »
Looks sharp Jesse, the hickory really sets the ipe off, good job.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:25:54 pm »
Dang Jesse :o, your giving that away? Nice bow!!! Looks like you got all the nodes centered up, the grip area is beautiful, and she really shines. Haven't tried a lam myself but will some day - how many have you done?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:28:40 pm »
Thanks Dana.  We are in for some good weather this weekend. Its about time. eh? 8)
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Jesse

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 10:29:59 pm »
Thanks a lot cowboy this is #2
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:59 pm »
you betcha eh ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 10:38:09 pm »
Neat looking bow, good job!
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 12:04:18 am »
Thanks Sean
Arne Maybe once I get a little better I will send one to you and you can send me that Knife :D The guy who is getting this only has compound bows so he will not see what needs fixing like you would. I have not made enough to know if it needs fixing lol Im sure I will hear it when I post the full draw pic.
                                                                                                      Jesse

--Frank A. Clark

a finnish native

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 08:54:56 am »
braced and fd? looks nice

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 02:31:45 pm »
Looks like your deck is Ipe, too, is it?  Beautiful bow - AHEM Got anybody there to crank it back to full draw?
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Jesse

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:12:43 pm »
Old bow thanks no the deck is just treated wood with stain If it was ipe it might be missing some planks lol. 
Well here it is braced and full draw. The broadhead is band saw blade from venisonburger. I dont think I mentioned it is reflex deflex and the bottom limb is shorter than the top.   Well let me have it guys. Good or bad I dont care it works good but I am looking to improve.
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 09:37:13 pm »
damn dude that thing is gorgueos!   your handle is very striking.  my next for my dad will be of ipe, and you gave me a lot of ideas.  very nice, should be oh so proud.  everything looks great to my eye ;)
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline Jesse

Re: my new bow is finished pics. (now w/ full draw)
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 12:19:13 am »
Thanks Armymedic not just for your compliment but for all that you do so we can enjoy freedom and security.
 Ho waste Thank you also Do you rely not know what a compound bow is ? That would make you even cooler in my book. Its the modern bows with cables and wheels. I think most guys started with them before switching  to the real bows. I shot compound my first year and that was enough for me.
                                                                                                                      Jesse

--Frank A. Clark

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 12:29:27 am »
That's a killing combo, especially those great looking broadheads! Really nice job I especially like the handle. draw some blood this year with it.
VB

Offline mitchman

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 12:32:49 am »
thats a beutiful bow. ;D seriously