Author Topic: The Canadian Warbow Society  (Read 14147 times)

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
    • The Canadian Warbow Society
The Canadian Warbow Society
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:10:36 pm »
Greetings Gents!
I feel it is time to finally announce the foundation of the Canadian Warbow Society on PA.
If you are interested,our website is up at: www.canadianwarbowsociety.com. The CWBS is run by a group of four founding members; Scott Spears, Karl Malmstrom, Gerry Lee (Secretary/Treasurer), and myself, Jake Fenwick (Chairman). If there are any out there interested, all information and member requirements are on the website, and if you have any questions, please let me know at my email Agincourtwarbow@hotmail.com

The CWBS has close ties with the mother society the English Warbow Society and plans to be affiliated shortly.

The Canadian Warbow Society is a group of like-minded individuals who practice the shooting and the making of the great English Warbow, War arrows, and tackle. Our goal is to perpetuate the heritage of the English Warbow, and introduce the study and practice of this weapon to our shores.

The CWBS encourages warbowyery, fletching, string making and arrow head forging, as well as shooting technique practices.

We practice Roving, Clout, Distance Shooting, Armour Penetration, Wand Shooting and Shooting at the Butts. We shoot historically accurate heavy weight English Warbows based on those found on the Mary Rose.

Cheers,

-Jake

Offline Ifrit617

Re: The Canadian Warbow Society
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »
Looks really cool... Great pics...

Jon

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »
Thanks Jon!

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:01:06 pm »
If you guys come down to hawkeye again next spring, I hope to meet some of you and see some of your armor piercers... I will be there for sure...

Jon
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:18:34 am by Ifrit617 »

Offline peasant1381

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 04:53:24 am »
I've said it elsewhere Jake but for the benefit of the members of this forum, I'd like to congratulate you on an outstanding acheivement in setting up the CWBS. You've created a model which can be used by anyone who wants to form a similar type of organisation. Well done mate.

Offline Phil Rees

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 06:40:59 am »
Well done guys ... I hope it goes from strength to strength ....

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 10:51:09 pm »
Brilliant Jake!

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 03:14:33 pm »
If you guys come down to hawkeye again next spring, I hope to meet some of you and see some of your armor piercers... I will be there for sure...

Jon

Hey Jon thats great! We will be sure to be there next year, it was a great shoot! Oh and we will definatly be doing another armour piercing demonstration, we were hooked after our first go! I look forward to meet you!
Cheers

I've said it elsewhere Jake but for the benefit of the members of this forum, I'd like to congratulate you on an outstanding acheivement in setting up the CWBS. You've created a model which can be used by anyone who wants to form a similar type of organisation. Well done mate.

Thanks alot Keith! It should be known that we have recieved much support from Keith and the other NZ boys, there chapter has been so succesful it is our hope to emualte what you guys have done down there here in Canuckland!

Well done guys ... I hope it goes from strength to strength ....

Cheers mate! Much apreciated! Time for some Clanky smashin'!  >:D

Brilliant Jake!

Thanks Dag! Much appreciated mate, all the best to our American cousins.
Cheers,

-Jake

Offline Loki

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 04:44:33 pm »
Thats great! It doesnt seem so long ago that the EWBS first started.It's good to see other societys in other nations taking the history of these bows/archers so seriesly,the more people shooting these bows the more we learn.
Durham,England

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »
Fantastic effort Gents.  The site looks great, you've done a great job!

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »
Thanks gents, a salute from across the pond!  ;D
Thanks again Jeremy, for your permision to use the arrow specs, cheers mate!
-Jake

Offline Jay

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:36 pm »
Nice work!!!
Your web site is setting a high bar for us at the American Warbow Soc. to keep up with. We have a bit of work to do. :)
Also the logo on the shirts is great! 

Thanks!!
Jay
AWBS

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 11:51:24 pm »
Cheers Jay, a salute from the north!
We wish our American cousins all the best! Look forward to some friendly competition in the future! Maybe one day we can have a continental shoot!  ;D
Thanks mate!
-Jake

Offline Ian.

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 09:01:03 am »
You know what, finding a location on the boarder so you can shoot over the state line would be cool.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline MetisLifeguard

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 10:34:40 am »
That would actually be a really cool idea Ian! Any ideas of where a nice big farm may be for that?
A leopard never changes it's spots. It just learns to hunt a different way