Author Topic: 2012 Central Oregon Bowyers Gathering  (Read 4794 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 2012 Central Oregon Bowyers Gathering
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 06:16:20 pm »
One day Im gonna hop a plane...............these pics show us what its REALLY all about, this pastime of ours.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 06:59:13 pm »
Carson, Those pictures move the heart,,,,,,,,,,,,Wade is still talking about how much he enjoyed Kee Kee! The picture of the your two kids walking down the road is priceless.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 07:10:19 pm »
looks like an awesome time.Would love to go sometime.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »
Great picture! Looks like a great time I was really upset to miss it again!!!! Life is really busy for me right now and being so close to this gathering I keep kicking my self for not saying the heck with everything and just going. Glad to see you all had a great time :D Hope to make it next year if im not still working 2 jobs 7 days a week ::)

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Lemos

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 10:11:38 pm »
I attended for the first time this year and let me just say I will not miss any further gatherings. It was a great time. Working on bows the food and the beautiful setting were wonderful but for me what really set it off was the great group of people coming together socializing sharing stories an ideas. I really enjoyed meeting everyone, new friends and old. Thank you everyone.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 11:19:00 pm »
IT WAS A HOOT...josh i was hoping for a big suprise(you)but that is o.k. :(....maybe next year....the most fun i had was meeting new people....the pics on here are great....now i have been around keenan for awhile and i didnt know he had such big guns...john

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 11:53:15 pm »
Looking good !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Gordon

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 11:54:18 pm »
Wow, so many really great pictures and memories. I'm missing this already!
Gordon

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 11:59:31 pm »
I wore my camp-fire smelling wool-over today just to bring the memories back.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline seabass

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 06:47:58 pm »
looks like a great time was had by all.Keenan,i'll make it out your way one of these days.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 01:58:38 am »
Thanks Keenan.  Wade is a pretty neat young man.  Keaton and Taylor sure enjoyed him. 

Blacktail, I know what you mean....his guns are almost as big as his heart.  ;)
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Weylin

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 09:50:58 pm »
Wow, what an amazing time! It was great to see old friends and especially to meet all the new people. I'm constantly amazed at what a good group of people this pastime attracts. Everyone is so generous and fun, it's really awesome. A special thanks to Keenan for all the hard work he put into it and all the help he gave me on my bow while I was there. I'm still cleaning dirt off of my little boy, he sure had a fun time. He's still talking about it. I showed Ronan the pictures on here and he got REALLY excited. he was naming everyone he saw, "there's Gordon!, There's Dave! there's Keenan!, There's Carson!" There's the Bison on Gordon's tipi!" Next year we have to get more people in on the midnight glowstick flight shoot!  :o

Offline Keenan

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 12:41:30 pm »
 Weylin,  I was more then impressed with that trade bow that you finished. You are fast becoming a great bowyer.  I remember seeing the glow stick arrows being launched as I was sitting by the fire. I will definitely be joining in on that one next year.

Steve, We would love to have you make it sometime. As well as all of our extended family across the states. What we put on is not near as big as the Classic but it dose have a very unique setting.

Art, it was great to meet you and looking forward to our next gathering already.

Buckeye, Elktracker and Stoker. We would love to see you all there next year!

Thank you all for the gratitude however Dave C. AKA Juniper Junky is a major part of helping set this up each year and always take care of much of the "behind the scenes" stuff like scheduling the potable johns and helping getting the flyer's out and so much more. This year he took several groups down to the creek to look at the paintings on the rocks from past tribes in the area and he also did several demos with arrows and Atlatl darts.   

Dave Thank you. Couldn't do it without you!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:43:24 pm by Keenan »