Author Topic: Rattlestick Bow Making Video  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Badger

Rattlestick Bow Making Video
« on: May 14, 2012, 01:55:56 pm »
  I just watched the Gary Davis bow making video I got at the classic, 2 1/2 hours and very easy to sit and watch in one setting. Great video. All the way from harvesting osage to a finished bow. I would really recomend it to anyone including myself. Good solid tecniques developed over many years of bow making. Watching Gary work it is evident he is a real pro at what he does.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Rattlestick Bow Making Video
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:29:01 pm »
Steve:  Yes, it is a good DVD.  Knowing that Gary doesn't have the internet, I'll pass on your kind words.  I'll see him on Friday evening.  Doing more work on the big bow.  Something about its overall weight and sending that to yourself and Tim.

Hope all is well,

Matt
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Badger

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »
  Thanks Matt, I saw your name mentioned in the credits on the video as well. Good job for both of you.

Offline raghorns

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 04:39:11 pm »
Badger,
I agree...Gary's video is very well done. For you to endorse the video would have to be a great honor to Gary and all who were involved in producing it.

Matt,
I just finished and shot the yew bow that you cut the W splice in and helped me lay out at the Classic. It is the sweetest shooting bow...light in the hand and at only 50lbs., it really zips an arrow. I was going to flip the tips and back it with rawhide, but it just feels so good, I don't want to change a thing. Thank you so much for your patience and excellent help.

Lyle   
Live Life at Full Draw

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »
Badger it was good to meet you at the Classic!!
I have heard Gary say everything on the video about a hundred times over about the last 20 years and I still enjoyed watching it! I have even watched it several times just to help pass the long winters!
It is good to just plug it in and be reminded of the good times we have had together !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:54 am »
Great vidio and graet guy to boot,very good for a beginner as well as a seasoned bow maker. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:41:43 am »
Lyle:  It was my pleasure helping out with your yew bow and great to meet you.  Hopefully, I'll see you next year at the same.  Be sure to post some pics of the bow.

Matt
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI