Author Topic: My new caul  (Read 12795 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
My new caul
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:18:00 pm »
Thought I would share my newest caul. I wanted a caul to do it all in one shot. This one will reflex, flip tips, straighten in any direction and can be used to temper. This particular bow is mulberry, I did my "Good Friday" osage bow on this caul and it turned out nice. This bow is 5" longer so the tips get more reflex. So far "Im lovin' it" like Mc Donalds....tm..... ;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: My new caul
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:43:48 pm »
That's nice.  I need to make one like that. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 12:10:22 am »
Consider it copied!! ;)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 12:35:27 am »
Nice form, Pearlie. Is your heat gun attached to a mic stand? Leave it to a drummer!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Badger

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:41:48 am »
All my cawls are 1/2 cawls, after the classic I decided to build full cawls like the one you posted.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:54:34 am »
Nice Drums!

How did you come up with that design???
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Judo Point

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:30 am »
Thanks for sharing that pearlie! I just made my first caul a few weeks ago following the design of Gary Davis on his rattlestick DVD. I haven't even finished a bow off it yet but I was thinking of making something along the lines of this with flipped tips. I'm just curious to see how that bow looks. Guess I'll do a search on it. Ok it was your Friday bow right not one of the two ya made on saturday right? Lol well thanks again I'll hopefully be making one similar soon.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 08:26:23 am »
Very nice,that should do a nice job. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:58 am »
Thanks for showing and sharing with us a new part to the Pearl Drums mass bow production assembly line ;)......take her down to marshall to so i can make a mock imitation of a pearlie production bow ;)  :laugh:.....luv ya buddy :).....looks sweet n well crafted by a great craftsman 8)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36:45 am »
Nice Drums!

How did you come up with that design???

4) drywall screws
1) 36" aluminum yard stick
1) pencil

I found my center and just flexed my ruler until I liked my reflex. Then added the flipped tips with a shorter bendy ruler. Its perfectly symmetrical as a result.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 11:43:33 am »
All my cawls are 1/2 cawls, after the classic I decided to build full cawls like the one you posted.

Its just too easy to get all your corrections and reflexing done in one heat on one full form Badger.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 11:44:38 am »
Thanks for showing and sharing with us a new part to the Pearl Drums mass bow production assembly line ;)......take her down to marshall to so i can make a mock imitation of a pearlie production bow ;)  :laugh:.....luv ya buddy :).....looks sweet n well crafted by a great craftsman 8)

Looks like I will need a semi trailer for Marshalll! Dont forget Dave needs a place to sit! 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 11:45:57 am »
Nice form, Pearlie. Is your heat gun attached to a mic stand? Leave it to a drummer!  ::)

Thats a desk lamp stand I hi-jacked Pat...ssssshhhhh dont tell my wife where it went.......

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 12:02:17 pm »
  Thats nice I have a couple also with a backing. Cut a top peices the same way to match the bottom. I put mine in while green cut it down to simi bow fourm. When you clamp the top to the bottom the bow between the too a lot more uniform. It's done with no heat.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline k-hat

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:18 pm »
Show off!  jk, that's nice Chris, what's a brotha gotta do to get one of those? ;)    Gonna grab some materials and do one up like that after school's out for sure. Glad i havn't done it yet, cuz now i get to make the "advanced" form instead of the intermediate ;D