Author Topic: New project  (Read 4546 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
New project
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:06:00 pm »
I have had this pair of trunk billets staring me down for a while. I have threatened many times to start, but never did. Its healthy white ash. The reason they drew my attention was the perfectly symmetrical reflex they had......in the perfect spot on the limb even ;D. I chased a few rings down on each, sawed them out and fitted the z splice. It has exactly 3 1/2" of reflex with  none added at the splice. The billets where a bit rough where the splice's met. An added handle section will have to happen.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

Re: New project
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:12:15 pm »
so it's been a few min., is it done yet >:D, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 09:17:07 pm »
Come on man! Look at ol' Badger?!?!?!?!?!? That guy built  5 or 6 in two weeks. Retired or not, the man gets through them. I was glad to see his post, I knew it would take some heat off Chickenhawk and me :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:20:35 pm »
That ones bent real nice out the gate :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 09:38:15 pm »
nice to see the pics of your ash project we were discussing....good luck.....and hurry up n try to catch me if you can...im onto one n got one down to 50@23 right now....i had to stop to watch the kids while the wifey went out tonight....i woulda been shootin right about now if i wasnt babysitting...oh well..ill get her tomorrow. >:D   

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:49:48 am »
Looks like another good one comin off that ole Pearl assembly line!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline RDK

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:50 am »
I miust say it is  very cool when Nature does much of the work---kinda like a gift.

It seems to me that the bow is complete--just needs a string and dressing up..What's the weight?  300# @ 28"????
"Everyday north of the grass is a good day!"

"Be wise; we need Mother Earth, Mother Earth does not need us."

Ron,   Bangor, Michigan

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 11:07:50 am »
That is a sweet looking bend.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline k-hat

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 11:23:11 am »
Looks like mother nature hooked you up good right there PD!  Nice when they come together like that ;)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »
Wishbone Ash?   8)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 08:19:45 pm »
Heck I already veered from this one. I got a 62" static recurve reflexed, straightened and ready for recurves......dang ADD.....I cant get happy with any of my bows for a turkey killer, so I will build one! Thats whats so cool about building bows. You can get a new bow just about anytime you want one.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 04:37:59 pm »
Thats whats so cool about building bows. You can get a new bow just about anytime you want one.

Wiser words have never been spoken! :)  That's one of the many rewards of anything D.I.Y.

...cool stave by the way.  :D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline bubby

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 05:31:12 pm »
 Thats whats so cool about building bows. You can get a new bow just about anytime you want one.
[/quote]
that's also why i'm a lousy shot, allways shooting a differant bow, least that's my story and i'm stickin' to it ::), Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 05:49:19 pm »
I want to go with that story too.  LOL.

Russ

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 06:00:10 pm »
In all seriousness Bub my shooting went to hell when I started building full time. Not so much the variance in bows was to blame as much as was building and not shooting.....I have since corrected that "habit" and I now shoot almost everyday again and still build full time!