Author Topic: 110lb tri-lam  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Agincourtwarb0w

110lb tri-lam
« on: April 07, 2012, 05:23:40 pm »
Hi there everyone,
Have not as of yet posted anything to Primitive Archer so I thought this would be a good way to start. I have just finished my first tri-lam English warbow (ipe/purpleheart/hickory) she's 76"n2n 80" overall and 110lbs@32". The tiller isn't perfect as it still bends a bit too much in the centre and not enough in the limbs. But I was quite pleased with its performance. EWBS Livery arrows were dropping about 210-220 yards. I have enjoyed The process very much and have already started another for me mate Andre (same guy in the video) of about 90-100lbs @32. I have learned much from this bow, and will put all I have learned into this new bow. Already got 5 Ironwood staves dried laying in wait for after ;D. Don't have any tiller pictures with me at the moment so the video will have to do for now!
Cheers!
-Jake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgylfWty1Q
-For King Henry, England and Saint George!!!-

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: 110lb tri-lam
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »
as i said before, beautiful, and i don't think it bends to much in the center
cant wait to see your other bows
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Agincourtwarb0w

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:47:13 pm »
Hey thanks Noel!!
I apreciate that man, especially after seeing your work! I look forward to see what you will do with your lam!  :D

Worked on me second bow for me mate Andre today, already ready for the first tiller, addicted methinks! ;D

Offline doulosparachristos

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 12:19:19 am »
well you should feed my addiction! im pretty new to making bows myself and have taken a liking to the warbows, and yours looks great,..... build along? so i can figure it out  ::)
Philippians 3: 7-11

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 01:01:06 am »
I think your tiller looks fine. It's definitely bending full compass, and that's perfect for a heavy warbow. Nice rolling loose technique, as well.

Offline Agincourtwarb0w

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 01:23:42 am »
I think your tiller looks fine. It's definitely bending full compass, and that's perfect for a heavy warbow. Nice rolling loose technique, as well.

Hey there adb, thanks mate! I apreciate that man ;D!

well you should feed my addiction! im pretty new to making bows myself and have taken a liking to the warbows, and yours looks great,..... build along? so i can figure it out  ::)

Many thanks doulosparachristos! Well for the bow I was describing to Noel that I'm working on now, my buddy wanted me to take pictures through the process, so once completed I could post them in order, might be a neat idea! cheers!
-Jake

Offline Ian.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 12:50:11 pm »
Like I said before Jake you have done very well there. It's a long process but I don't have any doubt you will be making some very fine bows in the furture.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline footfootfoot

• Now with more irony
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:00:55 pm »
Dude, That's amazing. Are those 110 metric pounds though? I can barely pull a 45# bow and I'm 6-0 and 210#. I must be some sort of weakling. 
Bring me my Bow of burning gold; Bring me my Arrows of desire: Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold! Bring me my Chariot of fire!

Offline Agincourtwarb0w

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:12:10 pm »
Like I said before Jake you have done very well there. It's a long process but I don't have any doubt you will be making some very fine bows in the furture.
Hi there Ian, many thanks mate! Well you aided me much my friend! Thank you for that!

Dude, That's amazing. Are those 110 metric pounds though? I can barely pull a 45# bow and I'm 6-0 and 210#. I must be some sort of weakling. 
Thanks man! Appreciate that! Uh imperial pounds, I have never heard of a metric pound? Standard for measuring bow poundage! Cheers!
-Jake

Offline bodkinbert

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »
nice bow dude, looks like you enjoyed ya day shooting to,,ahh nothing better ;)

Offline Agincourtwarb0w

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 12:15:28 am »
Too true mate ;) there really isn't. My thanks!

Offline Amatol

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 10:44:19 am »
Is it the same as in FB?
Nicely done!

//Lars

Offline Agincourtwarb0w

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 06:00:18 pm »
Hi, Lars! It is mate, the same, many thanks!!
-Jake