Author Topic: am i there yet? lol  (Read 4023 times)

Offline onidog

am i there yet? lol
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:12:00 pm »
I think i'm there but i'm going to post some pictures to see what you think. thanks for the feedback.
-cody

Offline onidog

Re: am i there yet? lol
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »
ahhh it won't let me post my pics. i even shrank them so they could but now it's saying my pic didn't pass security checks :( why me? how do i fix this?

Offline Dauntless

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 08:50:15 pm »
Your tiller looks nice and even. We can't give you much advice without knowing the front view shape of the bow though. I assume your second picture is from an earlier stage in tillering because of the long string.

You can insert the images directly in your post with the post images button (looks like a tiny mona lisa). Just copy the image link and paste between the [img] tags.
The starving grad student with too many hobbies.

Offline onidog

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:54:30 pm »
sounds good :D i'll post pics that way next time. and i'll get a front view of the bow as soon as my camera batteries charge. however i feel that pulling it back it seems like the limbs turn slightly. is that because of the knocks? or is just a simple fix like the string in the wrong spot or something. thanks for looking and letting me know  ;D

Offline onidog

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:51:40 pm »
so i strung it up and shot it and was sad to say that it doesn't have near the poundage i wished it would have had. the only thing i could think of was that it is a long string. i'm not sure. but it shoots!!!!! hooray! a little to the left though. is that cause it has to go around the bow on self bows like these ones so do you just have to conponsate for it or do i cut a groove out of the side? is there anyway to make it a higher poundage? thanks again for all the help
:D
-Cody

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 12:51:31 am »
Inside of the right limb could use a couple scrapes
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline onidog

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 06:29:20 am »
another thing is how do you know what length of a string to have? I'm wondering if i got to long of a string. and can you adjust the length or rather the tension of the string by twisting it more? would that help get the right poundage at the right pull?
-C

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 01:59:58 pm »
Your string needs to be about 4" short of your nock
that will get you to about 6"brace height !
You can twisy the string for small adustment but not alot !
When you get the string right check your tillering again and post more pics!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 04:30:20 pm »
Inside of the right limb could use a couple scrapes

I agree. It looks a bit stiff.

Offline onidog

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:51 pm »
So i have another problem. it seems the limbs twist slightly when strung up. and when i shoot it seems that it veers to the left. i'm a right handed shooter and i have a notch cut out of the wood and i'm wondering if maybe is that the issue? or  something much worse :(
Let me know :D
-Cody

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 04:09:24 am »
A slight twist is nothing to worry about. If you spine you arrows correctly you'll be just fine bud.
What kind of "notch" are we talking about? Like an arrow shelf? Pics would help. Use Photobucket and post the [IMG] Code. Then you don't have to resize.
Clatskanie, Oregon

mikekeswick

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 05:28:04 am »
If all your arrows are going left (right handed) then they are likely too stiff or else it could also be how you are shooting. Raising the brace height will not increase the poundage of the bow. Make a string with one fixed permanent loop and a bowyers knot at the other end then you can adjust the length of the string for the correct bracing height.

Offline onidog

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 04:34:17 pm »
alright here come the new photos!

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you soon
-cody