Author Topic: I got pulled over today...  (Read 2517 times)

Online sleek

I got pulled over today...
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:52:55 am »
About 3 months ago I got pulled over due to a blown tail light. The officer sees some snake skins on my dash and asks me about them. I tell him they are for a bow. He thinks its neat and lets me go, no worries.... Fastfoward to the present...

So, coming home tonight after a movie with my wife and son.... I had just finished up a bow that I glued snakeskins on. I get pulled due to an intermitent short in my truck that causes my passenger head light to work sometimes, and others, not so much. Cop asks for ID, the pauses, and sais, your the guy working with those snake skins.  Yes sir I am I replied. I happen to have the bow with me I put them on. I hand him the bow through the window, he compliments me, calls his partner over to check it out. Off without even a warning... Lesson here? Always carry a bow in your car and snakeskins on your dash.... Being a bowyer can be useful in more than one way 
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline osage outlaw

Re: I got pulled over today...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 05:28:47 am »
I'll have to try that.  I've got a tail light that has a mind of its own.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline IDreamofOsage

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:14:01 am »
That's funny. Whatever works right? ;D

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 12:00:48 pm »
LMFAO.  I love this story!

Offline DRon knife

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:24:29 pm »
OMG!!! and a LMAO!!!!    I got pulled over last year for an expired registration sticker (forgot to put on the new one)  The Officer was not going to give me a break,he ask me where I wanted my car towed too even after I explained to him I was going from one job to the next,as he was returning to his cruiser he spied a book that was in my back seat and he immediately turned around and said "is that the Led Zeppelin book?" I replied"yes" he said "I love Zeppelin",we talked for a few more minutes and he let me go! A few day latter I saw him again at the same spot,I walked over to him and thanked him again and handed him the book,he was delighted! Ron

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 03:45:15 pm »
I got away with a stupid mistake once when a cop asked if I had any weapons in the vehicle and I replied, "yes".  He's playing the flashlight all over the interior of the vehicle as I keep both hands at 12 o'clock on the steering wheel.  He asks abruptly, "Where is it located?"  I said it was in the canvas sock, it's a longbow.  I had to repeat myself several times before he understood I was referring to my bow as a weapon....well it is!

Finally he asked me to step out of the vehicle and bring the bow.  I did, laughing as I said, "By the time I get this strung and the arrows out of the quiver behind the seat you will have emptied all three clips from your Glock and be back at the station telling your buddies about the dumba$$ that brought a bow to a gunfight.  He laughed and said he'd limit himself to one clip since it was a Glock 19.  He had me pull out the bow and string it for him.  We walked over to the headlights of his patrol car so he could see it more clearly.  He eventually asked if he could pull it and I let him, after all, that Glock holds 19 rounds and I only had 6 arrows with field points.  I gave him a card and told him to call me when he wanted to make his own. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »
One day I was walking across a meadow in archery season, about 100 yds. from my pickup spot.
Down the road comes this energetic game cop in his truck, seeing me in the meadow, he stops gets out of his truck and starts my way. Being the ornery mutt I am, I contimplate making a run for the brush. Knowing there is a spring bottom between us 40 yds across, that is very marshy and grass hidden. >:D But not knowing him or his sence of humor I rethink it. ??? I get to him expecting to pull out my license and tag. But before I can do anything he starts telling me how much respect he has for us traditional hunters he went on and on. He stayed with me till my ride showed up. He never asked about tags and license, even after I explained my success would be better and safer if he'd tell me where the decoys were so I would'nt shoot the wrong critter in the dark. ;D I was just fun'n with him of course but you otta seen the bewilderd look on his face. Priceless
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 12:19:31 am »
I'm a cop, if I have you stopped and we start talking bows your home free lol
Always learning something new.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:23:44 am »
You lucky dog ;D That's great!!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 01:11:49 am »
It also helps if your dads a cop like mine!!!
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.