Author Topic: got a really cool gift  (Read 5368 times)

Offline randman

Re: got a really cool gift
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »
That Half-eyes good people. And a awesome bow to boot. How come Half-Eye hasn't posted anything for quite a while? I keep lookin every day. :'(
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 11:04:33 pm »
Heck, he builds too many bows and doesn't have room to turn around in his house for all the bows cluttering up the place.  He just found a sucker to take one off his hands!  He never sleeps, he never eats, he just cranks out bows like an obsessed factory. 

That is also why his bows are so perfectly tillered.  He has practicedpracticedpracticed his art. 

Rich would post more pics of his recent bows, but you guessed it...he's too busy building bows to go online!  We gotta find this guy a hobby.   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 11:15:58 pm »
Bubby:  that sure is a treasure!  I'm a big fan of Rich's bows. 
Rich:  Nicely done again, my friend.   ;)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline seabass

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 11:19:52 pm »
Rich is a great guy to talk to.a wealth of info.i have one of his bows and i love it very much.i'll never part with it.you are a lucky man to have one of his creations.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 11:58:49 pm »
Cool
I too have been wondering what is up with Rich ,miss him !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline David_Daugherty

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 12:26:25 am »
very cool! 
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 01:19:47 am »
I love these simple bows. Most folks can't imagine how well they shoot. They look too simple. ...but Rich sure can make them true to form in all ways.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline coaster500

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 02:31:36 am »
Sweet shooter Rich!!!  Bub your lucky man :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 07:24:04 am »
this bow has helped take my mind off of thing's for a bit, i promised i'd shoot the snot outta this bow to Rich, he said he build's his bows to work and i think i've put 250 arrows thru her allready, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 01:24:21 pm »
sweet bow Bub . yall need to get on his butt about not posting , ive been trying , but he is a tad hard headed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 02:34:56 pm »
You and me both Ken. I threatened to drive up to his place and rough him up if he didnt start posting pics again! I dont think he is scared at all?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 03:35:13 pm »
yeah i told him there was a bunch of guy's on here that really like everything that he post's, bows, arrows, everything, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »
Very cool gift, you're a lucky dude bubby.  I've got one of them midget bows, too and it's a shooter for sure.  Rich is good people.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »
Dang, what a cool bow and one heck of a gift.  Congrats Bub!!  Nice work Rich!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline half eye

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 05:09:08 pm »
Dang bubby, now ya gone and done it, eh? didn't know about any "problems" though and shure hard it hear it. Hope it shoots a zillion arrows for you and if it "quits" early let me know and will get another one in the wind. Hey flat stick with a string and paint sure aint worth all the hoopla.....hell I didn't even get the "recurves" opening up very much.
      Just aint posted cause if ya seen one eastern woodland bow I guess ya about seen 'em all. I have found several "new" models but not any sense in postin 'em when I cant also post the museum pics they are based on. No big deal. Only built about 12 bows this winter from 32" up to 52" all about 50# 1 Odawa commemrative, 1 Ojibwe double curve, 2 Menominee (different styles), 1 Ho Chunk, 1 Cree , a couple of "Generic" Miami style, a couple of very short recurves found in Mount Clemens Mi., (I think they might be Wyandot (Huron)), 2 of the Fox/Saulk (Sac) only 4 are carved and 6 are plain sided. I'm puttin off the Potawatami cause I found 3 completely different styles for them. Nothin special at all.
      Bub said he'd he shoot the snot out of it and thats good enough for me....allready got a replacement in the works....cause I dont want him gettin his bad self killed in no chipmunk stampede, dont ya know?
rich