Author Topic: Calling Virginia knappers  (Read 1414 times)

Offline spiritoftherock1

• flint knappers.com
Calling Virginia knappers
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:35:10 am »
I'm having a get together at my place this Saturday the 10th, We will be experimenting with quartzite cobble splitting and reducing splits to bifaces and any other knapping related things we come up with. There will also be a friend demonstrating primitive fire using the hand drill method. Anyone is welcome, I am in Courtland Virginia, C'mon out if ya can. The more the merrier. Email me for directions or more info at spiritoftherock1@aol.com
Spiritoftherock
Stan Piersa

Offline StevenT

Re: Calling Virginia knappers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:04:06 am »
I sure wish I could make it. Unfortunatly I will be on the Eastern Shore this weekend installing a fence. I am glad to see someone in this area having a get together though. I will try to make the next one if there is another.

Offline piper

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:24:07 pm »
wish I lived closer and had some time off.....I hope y'all have a good time....Take some pic......curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline spiritoftherock1

• flint knappers.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 03:17:54 pm »
thnx for responding, there will be more coming  also I will be demoing at a ren faire here in Courtland in april I believe, then at Norfolk state in june, then pow wow here in july, then pow wow in november at first landing park in Va beach. oh and a primitive skills week end in Maryland the first weekend in may and possibly a pow wow in surry va around the fall sometime, sept i believe. If you cant get here, host one at your place and we'll try to get there schedule permitting. oops almost forgot one pow wow at the commonwealth college in alberta Virginia, think that one is in april.   Back to smackin and crackin!

Stan
Spiritoftherock
Stan Piersa

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »
Where is courtland I live near Harrisonburg.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline sonny

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:19:23 pm »
had to look it up myself.
appears to be halfway between Emporia and Suffolk....a far piece from Harrisonburg.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline flungonin

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:03:17 am »
Just my luck. I'm out of town in tenessee til at least the 28th of March. Been trying to see who all knapps. Well now I know and will be attending when I get back. Might even try hosting. I live in Virginia Beach. Glad to see your post and schedules of up coming events.

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 11:16:55 am »
Yea that is bit of a drive especially with gas prices these days.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!