Author Topic: white deer anyone?  (Read 4017 times)

Stringman

white deer anyone?
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:47:15 pm »
Can't quite tell, but I don't think this is an albino. Seen it sevetal times around our place now. i got within 12 feet of it the other day.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: white deer anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:53:47 pm »
Very cool! 8)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:18:53 pm »
I agree, it doesn't quite have all of the trademarks of a true albinistic deer, but it is very unique and cool. Extreme piebald? Thanks for sharing!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:52:13 pm »
Super Cool!  I've seen only one in my life and it was just about as pure white as that bugger in your picture.  It's a pretty cool story so I'll share...

I was dumb, young and in love...being such, I invited my fiance to come sit in a tree stand with me.  (No big deal for some of you southern boys but this chick was raised in DC and didn't even know folks still hunted and killed things until I ambushed her  >:D)  So here we are, face to face in 2 tiny tree stands, just before legal light a nice "tiny" Great horn Owl tried to land on the "stump" that is her head...after 5 minutes of hysterics I finally get her calm enough to remain in the stand with me.

After about an hour of daylight the fog starts to really creep in over the bean field I am hunting but at the far corner I see something white and figure it's the damn neighbors dog (again) but I notice it seems to be feeding...odd.  As it continues to feed its way towards us I decided it must be someones Goat that has gotten loose so I sit back to see what happens.  It finally feeds to within 20 yards of us and through the fog I can finally tell it is actually a Whitetail and a nice little fork bugger too!  Albino's & Piebalds were both protected so we sat and simply enjoyed such a rare and wonderful treat.  It was one of the most ethereal and unique sights I've seen in the woods to this day.

Cheers!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Stringman

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »
Thats a great story!

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:14:06 pm »
Thats a great story!

Yeah...but you got a pic!!!  LOL  Cheers!
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Weylin

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:12:30 am »
An owl landed on her head.... Bwahahaha! that's hilarious!  >:D

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 01:17:20 am »
Owl head ....That's funny there.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 01:28:17 am »
Yup, the Owl didn't it...1st & last time she ever went out hunting with me...   ::)
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:44:10 am »
Cool Pic. Raison Bran that's a neat story 8)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:34:27 am »
new meaning to the term white tails lol
doc

Stringman

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:18 pm »
Here's an update...

Been keeping an eye on this buggar off an on, all spring an summer. I wouldn't see her for a few months then she'd pop in and say hello. Had a feelin she's been hand raised and have had several unique experiences with this piebald deer. Funny thing is I can't imagine how she's still alive. She seems to have very little fear of people or dogs and yet the coyotes havent got her.

One time I was acting like her momma and trying to teach her to stay off the road. So I gave her some body language for fear and stomped a few times then ran the other way for a couple hundred yards. Would you believe she followed me?!?

Another time I was cleaning up some old fence posts and gettin ready to make a run to the junk yard. As I turned around she was walkin up right behind me. I got the impression she had sorta attached to me and was learning my smell, cause she seemed to be seaking me out. Never could get any closer than 5-6 feet, but she was never really scared either.

Then this last weekend I woke up and seen her in the yard. So I walked out and went over to he chicken shed and grabbed some feed. Thru it in a pail and she walked right up to it. I got brave and grabbed some and held out my hand...

Stringman

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:03 pm »
Here's the problem... She's eating my fruit trees. My wife says "don't you dare!" I says, "but she's just a deer!?!" I'm not even sure I could shoot her, but Jeesh!!

Whadya think??

Scott

Offline boughnut

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 06:43:58 pm »
hand full of feed and a ballpin hammer makes the deer go down makes the deer go down.  >:D lol no really I think she has earned her place and should live and die naturally.  And no naturally does not mean hunted down and shot.  Great story I think some just need to be left to gods hand and nature I have about 7 I feel that way about that come up to our house alot.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »
Here's the problem... She's eating my fruit trees. My wife says "don't you dare!" I says, "but she's just a deer!?!" I'm not even sure I could shoot her, but Jeesh!!

Whadya think??

Scott

Scott that's what you call a conundrum!!! I feel for you brother. I'm here for ya.. Let me know when the season starts and I will take care of the difficult task for you 8)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.