Author Topic: Yew selfbow safe pull  (Read 11211 times)

Offline adb

Re: Yew selfbow safe pull
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 09:28:51 pm »
Hmmm... if your shoulders are getting sore, rethink your shooting style. You should be using your Back muscles mostly. Also, if you hurt shooting a 60# bow, and you're only drawing 21", how and why are you going to shoot 70-80#???

Offline amadorbowman

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 12:07:22 am »
I have the opportunity to have the new bow made at a great price. If I cant shoot it now, I will work into it soon.

I will be  working on improving my style and getting more out of these bows.

I think I kind of overdid my workout on the new bow; about 50 reps of pulling it along with shooting my modern long bow on the same day (50 lbs). No, I know I overdid it. 24 hours later the pain went away so no long term damage done.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 07:43:45 am »
  Although It's tillered only to 25" draw 3 exture inch to 28" might not change the tiller. I might be OK but maybe not. You'll more that likely pick up a little set and string follow. I tiller my bows a inch over most people that sell bows do the same. Likely he did this also.
  Some said to pull it slowly and lesson for clicks this is a good idea. Instead of pulling it the full 28"s you might shot it 30 ,50 times per inch untill you work it back to 28"s. This might help. But wood is wood you'll jusy have to give it a try.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING