Author Topic: P.I.T.H. March 2012  (Read 72226 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: P.I.T.H. (Point in the hat)
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2012, 11:31:48 pm »
Maddog314 sent sent this point a week ago. Thank you for participating I like the point

(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2012, 01:27:11 am »
Got these points from Eddie McCann. Thank you sir !....They have joined ranks with all the other points from trades,and look great.  The brown one that looks like punkin obsidian lost a tiny bit of its tip, ( easily remedied )  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:41 am »
I'm glad you like them.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2012, 01:42:22 pm »
Points plus went out monday, finally. Sent 1st class so should not take too long. still have not received anyhting so will have to talk to the mail lady. Ask her to keep her eyes out for me.

remington22

« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2012, 05:16:19 pm »
I just got a box in the mail today from Yosemite Ben. I was excited to open the box. Boy I got two real nice points and some obsidian flint. The points are real nice, great craftsmanship. You flintknappers have real raise the bar for me. If I could post pictures I would. I will have to learn because the point need to be shown. Thanks you Yosemite Ben.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2012, 05:28:14 pm »
Got your points (and extra) George. I will post pics tonight.

Thanks!!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »
As promised! Sweet points George, and stuff to see if I can push a flake off of. :laugh:
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline maddog314

« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2012, 12:16:11 am »
Maddog314 sent sent this point a week ago. Thank you for participating I like the point

I did'nt send that one to you! I have yet to get into the point in the hat!?!? Very nice looking point though!!

Offline julieb

« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2012, 12:30:32 am »
Cowboy: Got these points in the mail. One from David Daughtery - thanks man! that'll go in my keeper case :). And one from iowabow: I told ya I liked that one and be durned if i didn't get it!! Appreciate it man!
Being that right person is just as important as finding the right person....

Offline knap_123

« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2012, 12:48:57 am »
i received 2 beautiful points and a little spall today. sorry my cameras broke so if you took some pics george can you post them for us?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2012, 01:17:02 am »
... sorry my cameras broke so if you took some pics george can you post them for us?

:-[ :-[ :-[  I probably did, but I honestly don't remember which points I sent where.   :-[ :-[ :-[  I made 3 new points and then grabbed the rest off the point pile.   It's the pits to get old...  I think this picture has the 3 new points I sent out,

Bevan has already posted a picture of the one on the left.  I think Remington22 and knap_123 got the other 2.  That's the best I can do. :-[  Sorry.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2012, 01:43:21 am »
Hey Iowabow.

I sent you that obsidian point.  Glad you like it.

thanks

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline gothmog

« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2012, 05:54:07 pm »
After looking through this thread, I gotta say you ALL do incredible work.  I've got to learn how to do that.  I'd love to go completely primitive and give up my modern heads.  Definately gonna spend some time in the knapping pit at twin oaks this year.

Stringman

« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:52 pm »
There is nothing more satisfying or frustrating than going primitve. The very reason mankind has evolved away from it is laziness. And it is that laziness that dilutes the pure emotion associated with true acchievement. Put simply: the amount of effort you put into something equals the reward you take away from something.

Having said that I dont mean to scare anyone away. Just prepare yourself for the  road you travel. Ask anyone who has walked that road before you and they will tell you it is the journey, not the destination!

Welcome to the addiction!!

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2012, 09:44:03 pm »
These are the two that Bryan sent me.  Great looking points.  Now I need a bigger case.