Author Topic: so proud  (Read 7592 times)

jamie

so proud
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:37:25 pm »
i showed my daughter how to reverse wrap the other day. she walked up to me today and she was telling me about her day and spinning up some cordage and not even looking at what she was doing. she was making necklaces so i gave her a bunch of my less than desireble points and she made up 4 of em. the one shes wearing is bone.with her initials burned in. peace

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: so proud
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:08 pm »
You should be proud.  She did a fine job.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:08:28 pm »
                        Daughters are great, dont ya wish they stayed that age ? ;)......bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:06:09 am »
Yea Bob, but they don't!   Mine is 36 now and I sure do miss that lil girl. :(
  Jamie, She must get her looks from her Mom. ;D ...actually I can see you in her.  Cordage is quite simple once learned. Its one of those things that most can do without thinking about it.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Jbell

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 01:23:22 am »
Pretty cool Jamie, how old is your daughter? Mine is nine, she has helped me on a bow or two. She would love it if i show her how to do that, she is real artsy crafty.  My wife actually taught me to reverse wrap. When I first started to build my own strings I was struggling, couldn't get the darn thing to stay together. My wife said gimme that and showed me how. I asked her how she knew how to do that she said I have been doin since I was a kid. Needless to say I felt like an idiot.
Justin Blunt

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 05:40:43 am »
Sweet,you teaching em young.Cute gal,she sure don't take after you.Must look like her moma. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 06:21:24 am »
Very nice necklace and a beautiful young lady. My daughter is 18 with a boyfriend :-\
Next thing ya know she will be banging two rocks together ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:47:41 am »
That's just too cool, Jamie.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 10:29:05 am »
That is so funny after Justin showed my daughter, Susannah, how to use the string thingy (technical term)  ;D for making bow strings, she started making a bunch of necklaces and sold them to her friends.  ;D She made made a pretty penny for a 10 year old.  Kept a record book and everything.  I need to post a pic.  Maybe they can make an even trade. She turns 11 in a few weeks...mane is it flying by!  :-\
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

tradrick

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 01:47:23 pm »
That's great Jamie.I have 2 daughters,11 and 9.My 11 year old displays some intrest in archery but not alot.My 9 year old can go out and shoot all day long and enjoy every minute of it.Archery is our thing that we always do together.Our special father/daughter time together.There growing up fast and it scares me of what's yet to come.She's cute as a button.Thanks for sharing.tradrick

Offline snedeker

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 09:34:56 pm »
aww man.  Das nize girl.  you are one lucky mopho.  My only progeny is a 6'3" gangly dude whose haning around here overtime (although I love him very much)

brokennock

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 01:43:19 am »
 Big smiles your way Jamie, you should be proud. That's great. I'm startin to think about getting my niece more involved. Hope she takes to it like your kids, I guess its in their blood.