Author Topic: A plug for Stave Master  (Read 6605 times)

Offline coaster500

A plug for Stave Master
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:18:34 pm »
I just had to post this…  around August of 2011 after sneakin and peekin around PA I decided I wanted to try and build a bow. The folks in this bowyer community were there immediately with support and greatly needed advice. I succeeded in a couple of bow projects but I had to work under indoor conditions and as most of you know artificial light is not ideal. A member of this great group Keenan invented a bow building apparatus call a stave master. After a bit of research I decided to give it a try….  Well it is nothing short of a bow building machine…  I have had a real problem chasing a ring as my eyes are well not so hot. His Stave Master allows me to work outside in natural light and works great. It also is ergonomically amazing… it adjusts to any position and takes a ton of pressure off my shoulders and back by putting the work right where it needs to be.

Thank Keenan your Stave Master has turned me into a Stave Monster

With this light even I can fallow a ring :)

I replaced the seats in my boat so I had the perfect seat for it!!!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:53:00 am by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: A plug for Stave Master
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:36 pm »
Funny (and timely) that this thread should come up...after reviewing Gordon's current Yew Bow build thread over the past few days I decided to bite the bullet and placed an order for one with Keenan last night.  He called me this afternoon to double check all my particulars and I am looking forward to it's arrive sometime soon.

Sounds like I made the right call...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:34:05 pm by Lee Slikkers »
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline bcbull

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:02:48 pm »
any one got a link for kennans stave master  ??

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »
Not sure if "links" (ooohh the evilness) are allowed so I'll PM you then Link.
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline seabass

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:12:08 pm »
Lee,you beat me to it.stave masters rule.everyone need one.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:27:02 pm »
Cant wait to get the ok from the wife to order mine!!!!
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:31:33 pm »
 Kip The Stave Monster,  Now that has a ring to it!   I'm glad your liking it.  Warms my heart to know it is helping the sport. That is a deluxe seat you got! Thank you again for your support Kip. Can't wait to see some more of those great bows you are building.

Offline 15DLongbow

• I pretend to know what I'm doing.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:31 pm »
wish i had one of those! my stave master currently is a folding table and a pair of C-clamps! lol

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 11:50:07 pm »
i dont know...i might fall asleep in that deluxe chair ;)   purtty yellow shavings there too :)

its been fun watching you grow before our eyes kip,and its been leaps n bounds....your a natural ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:45:38 am »
Keenan is bringing one to the Classic for me. I can't wait!   I have lower back problems but anywhere near what Keenan has so if it works for him I'm sure it will be perfect for me. I got to try one out ar last years Classic and was amazed at the versatility of this tool. I think I'll get an uncomfortable seat for mine just so I'll have something to complain about.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline randman

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 05:58:55 am »
I just recently discovered this thing too. I gotta have one! Keenan these are going to go like crazy now.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 08:42:55 am »
They are cool for sure,I love mine,still having problems keeping Bubba out of it,Got a cure for that Keenan. ;) ;D ;D I also want the deluxe package add on ,cup holder and file holder. Especially the cup holder. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:41 am »
I'm pretty sure that I got the deluxe package with the nice seat too.  I'm getting mine at the Classic....  8) 
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline BearG

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 12:08:39 pm »
Man Keenan your truck was heavy last year.  Sounds like it will take us awhile to get you unloaded this year for sure.  Man that cuts down on the drinking time.  When ya'll planning on getting there?
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:26 pm »
Bear, I'll make up for your loss of drinking time when I get there. Have a cold one waiting for me!  ;)
No sacrifice is too great for a friend!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC