Author Topic: The Grandson  (Read 4409 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: The Grandson
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10:48 am »
Man that looks like fun there Mr. Eddie ;). I gotta wait a few more years before i can take a grandson huntin, if i ever get one, ha. I bet just walking around in there is a purty good workout..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 10:43:21 am »
It looks like you guys had a ball!! My only 2 grandkids are girls and the oldest is almost 2. I think she is going to be like her dad, though, and love to hunt with papaw. I can't wait till she's old enough.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »
It was fun and my 69 year old buddy I hunt with had his two grown Grandsons down on the river, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 07:07:29 pm »
Good stuff Eddie.  Those pics are great.  I bet he lays in bed at night dreaming about what he will shoot with that gun.   ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 09:28:16 pm »
I can't wait till mine are old enugh to get them out.The older one loves to go out in the boat and is content with playing with the bait I net. The younger one ( 2 weeks) ain't much bigger than a squirrel himself.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »

Ronnie, you have to keep in mind, that you only think that Eddie is the same size as his Grandson.  Actually he is using the Ninja mind trick, which makes him seem much smaller than his 6' 6" Arnie, body actually is, and the camo suit is elastic in the seams.  That is also why, Eddie always comes away with a bargain at the flea markets, they can't figure out why they just let that guy get such a great deal.  Ninja mind control, quite similar to the Jedi Knight mind control. ;)  Next time look at his shadow, and not at him directly. ;) ::)  Good going Eddie, I need to do some squirrel hunting, I haven't been since the mid to late 70's.  You should have had him make a bow drill, or such, fire while he was there.  Good job on the back trail. ;)

Wayne

Offline cracker

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »
Stickbender
     I really think you're off base on the ninja or Jedi thing, you do know leprechauns can do the same stuff somehow he has even made poor Cathy believe the 6'4" stuff.
Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 12:59:51 am »
Ronnie,

She'll believe it tonight, it's Valentine's 8) Day. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 02:45:08 am »
     You might have something there Ron, but he would have to be from the south end of Ireland.  However he has never offered me any fine whiskey, except for some so so moonshine, and some South American Lightning. :P  Neither were too bad, but nothing to write home about.  If I were to be snake bit, I guess, I would have to wait till I got home in a couple of hours, to administer the proper dosage. ::) ::) So I think I will stick to the Ninja mind bending.  As he does feed me quite well at times, plus the beer. At least I think he does..... hmmm Ninja mind bending.....save on beer, and food that way..... ;)  Well I hope Cathy had a Great Valentines Day. ;) ;)  I hope he got her something besides, some wine, a box of chocolate, and a Harlequin romance novel.  ::) ;D

Wayne
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:44:41 pm by stickbender »

Offline cracker

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 09:27:48 am »
Ronnie,

She'll believe it tonight, it's Valentine's 8) Day. :D
Way to go Eddie. She's a good un.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »
I gave my wife bronchitis for Valentine's Day.  Not my best move... :'(

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »
I gave my wife bronchitis for Valentine's Day.  Not my best move... :'(
George
     But George, "you always hurt the one you love"...... ;)  Well I am sure you made up for it, by attending to her needs, with tissues, hot tea, decongestion meds,back rubs, hot showers, a supply of Calgon bath salts, ...... Chocolate, a bottle of wine, flowers, and a harlequin romance novel,...... so you can go back to the shop, and check on those staves..... ;)  I am sure that Eddie took good care of Cathy, he knows it could be a cold summer, if he doesn't treat her right.  Besides he knows he has it good!  As long as he doesn't make any Turkey noises ::)....... right Eddie? ;)

Wayne

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 06:04:45 pm »
That is great Eddie. Lucky kid and lucky grandpa.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 07:49:26 pm »
     The Grandson better not get too attached to the .410, as he has a Sister, whom Eddie is grooming to be a hunter, so when she starts hunting, that .410 will change hands, and everyone knows that Granddaughters, get preference over Grandsons! ;)   she is only around three, or so I think.  But she can shuck an oyster! 8) But by the time she is old enough to hunt, I am sure he will have moved on up to a 20 gauge, or 12 . ;)

Wayne

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 02:24:19 pm »
my littlest grandson just turned one and the other is two. Be a while before they are shooting anything except the bak end whilst filling a diaper!