Author Topic: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress  (Read 453650 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress
« Reply #900 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:06 am »
Looks great bubby !!
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Mangeur de lard

• Wildlife biologist and arborist
« Reply #901 on: March 30, 2012, 01:08:47 am »
That's a beauty Matt! dont sweat it for 3 pounds, that bow is a gem as is!
Quebec, Canada

Offline coaster500

« Reply #902 on: March 30, 2012, 02:19:14 am »
In the middle Bub....  Morro Bay

Really is a sweet shooter :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline coaster500

« Reply #903 on: March 30, 2012, 02:23:04 am »
Matt if she's shootin good and lookin right a few pounds wouldn't make any difference to me....  Looks like a sweet short bow!!!   and turkey season is on!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #904 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:44 am »
Sweet  bow bub
Matt looks great id leave it i dont mind it 3# lite u have my addy rite ;D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline randman

« Reply #905 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:53 am »
Bubby That's one sweet looking bow! You got my address in Seattle correct?
Matt, your looks really great too. Draw's a little shorter than mine but the way my right shoulder has been lately, I can shoot a little shorter and lighter no prob ;)
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline RobWiden

« Reply #906 on: March 30, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »
    I just tracked my baby's progress. They say it has arrived at the delivery office in the destination country. Hopefully that means XXXX will get a package in the next day or two.
If I knew what I was doing, I'd probably be bored with it, and I wouldn't be here.

Offline bubby

« Reply #907 on: March 30, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »
thank's everyone, Coaster, i'm from red bluff, everything below cornig is so cal to me ;D, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline coaster500

« Reply #908 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20:02 pm »
I live on the central coast but still have the ranch in Lake County (Kelseyville)....   that's a little closer but still southern for you. Spent a lot of time in  Montague my brother ranched there for years. Lot's of good hunting and fishing there....  kind of miss those trips  :)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #909 on: March 31, 2012, 12:24:28 am »
I just finally got home to check out my new bow.  Man! The last couple days were torture, but after seeing the bow, it was well worth the wait!  THANK YOU TURTLE!   Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  It is beautiful.  Unfortunately its already nighttime and my wife won't let me shoot in the house  >:(  so I will have to wait until tomorrow to try her out.  I'll get some pics then.  Thank you very much Steve!   Josh

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #910 on: March 31, 2012, 12:52:52 am »
Josh: Your very welcome. Hope it serves you long and well. I was getting worried you got lost or something. lol
I was worried the post office lost it.....it was delivered two days later than they saind it would.

steve

Steve Bennett

Offline gmc

« Reply #911 on: March 31, 2012, 03:06:28 am »
I haven't been on much lately as about any thing that could happen did happen all in a matter of a few weeks. Anyways, got home today and found a little yellow slip of paper in the mail box that read, "package in the back of truck". The mail guy has a tendency to strategically place packages around the place when nobody is home and then give you hint on where to find it in the mail box.

So I got to start my easter egg hunt early searching through all junk in the back of the truck looking for a package and then right about the time I started to walk off, my wife said, there it is. I said, what? She said its a tube. I said, tube? She said yeah, and pulled it out. We both stood there for a moment with a puzzled look on our face and she says, "what the heck is it"? Then I said "WAIT"! I know what that is, hand it to me carefully and step away from the truck. She says, what is it, what is it! I said, "ITS A BOW"! I will not quote what she said after that but we did part ways as I wasted no time making my way to the garage to open the package.

Here's a few pictures of RobWidens bueatiful HBI with all the fixins. The bow is 68'' ntn, pulls 58lb @ 29, IPE tip overlays with very nice leather handle treatment. The bow has an incrediably smooth draw with excellent performance- this I know because I couldn't put it down today.  8)   

Rob, you did a real nice job on that bow and I really appreciate it brother. ;)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:21:18 am by gmc »
Central Kentucky

Offline bubby

« Reply #912 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:27 am »
nice bow gmc, coaster i used to ride in the jr rodeo in montague every year groing up, good times, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #913 on: March 31, 2012, 12:13:04 pm »
wow, thats amazing ;D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline coaster500

« Reply #914 on: March 31, 2012, 12:15:11 pm »
Josh pics man, pics :)

Congrats gmc.... great job Rob..  Perfect arc!!!