Author Topic: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress  (Read 453899 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2012, 12:25:52 pm »
Its not the years in the bowyer but the bows in the bowyer that matter. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2012, 01:32:41 pm »
Looking real good, guys! 

Coaster, did I get you my address?  Let me know, okay?   ;)

Applied layer #2 of sinew during "Bownight" at Marty's.  I'll post some pics later.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:22 pm »
That greedy little person inside me is telling me how much he hates me right now, simply hates my guts for not getting in on this trade.  He looks at these bows and just gets green with envy thinking that someone else is gonna get 'em, shoot'em, love 'em, and hunt with 'em.  He's a nasty li'l bugger to have to deal with.  But with the way things are working out at this time I couldn't commit to a bow knowing there was a good chance I'd not get it done in time. 

At least I get to look at 'em!

But that doesn't mean I am not going to try to have a bow finished before the end of the trade is up.  Just in case something goes south, I'd like to have something ready to send in case someone comes up short. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2012, 03:15:37 pm »
JDub:  I'll trade a bow with you, regardless if someone comes up short or not.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:27 pm »
HAH!  We have our first sign up for the 2017 Bow Trade!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2012, 03:39:44 pm »
Take Matt up J-dubyah. The dude makes some sweet bows!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline RobWiden

« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »
I have a camera! I get lost trying to read the instructions but maybe if I just try to learn a little bit at a time as I go along it'll work out. I'm just getting started on my bow so should be able to have a good series of pictures. A friend who knows some modern technology is coming on the weekend and maybe he can teach even me to post the pictures.    Rob
If I knew what I was doing, I'd probably be bored with it, and I wouldn't be here.

blackhawk

« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2012, 03:46:47 pm »
Ill second matts workmanship  ;)...id take one of his bows in a heartbeat  :)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2012, 04:00:00 pm »
Hmm, maybe I should'a sat out and let JW have my spot so I could trade with Matt.  :D  Too late now.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: February 18, 2012, 12:05:33 pm »
Here is where my trade bow is now. Hopefully I can get her tillered out this weekend.
She's pulling about 50#@20" at this point...
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #385 on: February 18, 2012, 12:22:15 pm »
Nice looking profile Pat. What kind of wood?
I've been down hard with a nasty cold the last few days but finally got started on both my trade bow projects. Roughed out a Cascara character stave a yew sapling stave and an ERC.  Now that I have about seven staves roughed out I'm still not sure what direction to run?? ::) I have a hard time pressing forward until I have the vision for the bow and that usually only happens when I lock on to one piece of wood ::) Maybe its time to number them and draw a number out of the hat!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #386 on: February 18, 2012, 01:19:12 pm »
Keenan, the wood is HHB. Great stuff!
  Sorry to hear you've been down with a cold. I hate being sick. Fortunately it doesn't happen that often to me. Feel better soon.
  Line all your prospects up and do the old favorite...eeny meeny  miney mo...thing. That always worked for us as kids.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2012, 01:25:28 pm »
Oh boy! I will treasure that Pat B. bow for the rest of my life Pat B.. Great looking profile as Keenan mentioned. You know we are COVERED in HHB up here and I have yet to harvest any, let alone work any. Pretty sad huh? Osage is king....long live the king.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: February 18, 2012, 01:29:32 pm »
Osage is king but I'd bet you'd love HHB too.  ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #389 on: February 18, 2012, 01:36:40 pm »
I know thats true Pat. Everybody I know that has worked plenty of osage all say the same thing. Ya gotta try HHB. I promise me I will cut a perfect-o this summer and get at least 8-10 staves from it.