Author Topic: Shop addition  (Read 5447 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Shop addition
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:27 pm »
I picked this up a weeks ago and got it all hooked up yesterday just in time for cold February. And the big one is heading to Chris Cades farm.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

Re: Shop addition
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 02:41:54 pm »
Those are sweet Eddie. However I certainly get a chuckle when I here someone in Florida say COLD! I thought a "wood stove" in Florida would be like trying to sell ice to the Eskimos.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »
Two nice wood stoves, Eddie. Good score. That one for Chris will turn his cabin into an over. He'll have to keep the doors and windows open.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:07:59 pm »
I was thinking the same thing Keenan.  I could probably make better use of it Eddie :)  Although we've been having a fairly mild winter so far... other than one week of temps dipping to -36 ºC (That's -32.8 ºF, which felt like -50 ºF with the wind!)

February in Florida is T-shirt weather for a Canadian!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:35:19 pm »
I new I'd get a chuckle out of all y'all Tourist :D. It does get cold here, freezing is considered cold ::). If leaves start to fall off the orange and oak trees, it is cold. If my newly planted green beans and radishes get frost bitten and my papayas fall, it is cold. ;D

We had a cold front come through Friday but I'm outside spalling rock with a t-shirt on, thinking about going hunting this afternoon, season doesn't end till Feb 19.

Pat, that's what I told Chris. We had one smaller than that on my old lease that would run you out of a 3 bedroom Shanty. But, I couldn't pass it up for $60.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:42 pm »
the one for Chris looks just like Old Timbers !
It was 80 in his shop in Mi ,
 I can't imagine firing that thing up in Florida!
Better prop the windows open first !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:33:37 pm »
Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to just put on a sweatshirt  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »
Wow, those look to be in great shape.  I'd sure like to score one down here for my shop too.  Cold seems to be relative it seems.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 07:54:53 pm »
Where is the one for my shop?  :'( Those are awesome, just like Im looking for in my new bow shop. Yes Keenan, for the cold days of February in SW Utah.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 09:07:35 pm »
Sure is nice to have a good Wingman ;D.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 01:13:47 am »

Actually it does get cold down here.  It is a damp cold, and you really feel it.  Except for two times I have been colder down here, than when I was hunting in Montana.  I have had Friends from up state New York, come down, and one of those little nasty cold fronts come down, and they were ready to go back to NY to get warm!  They said that they would laugh when the weather station showed People in Florida wearing big heavy coats with 35 and 40 degree weather, but that they won't laugh any more!  In Montana it was 40 degrees one day, and I was down town, drinking a huckle berry milkshake, wearing a Pocket T shirt, and it was comfortable.  Not here!  It is a bone chilling damp cold.  It is not often, or for very long, but when it is here it is COLD! :o  Don't let them Brow Beat you Eddie, abide them, for......"They knoweth not of which they speaketh" ;) ;D  I have seen those stoves, and they are some kind of nice, plus made in the good ol US of A !  I would love to have the big one in my shop in Montana, instead of that money burning big propane heater, I have suspended atop my bedroom/bath there.  Eddie does find the deals, although the other deal finder on here did awesome also, with those tools!

Wayne

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 01:24:58 am »
As another Florida boy,When I joined the Army in 1986,After training in Alabama,I was stationed at Ft Carson Colorado,,At 20 deg there I wore a sweatshirt. 20 deg here,and we get it often (except this year) I wear long johns,artic parka,heavy boots. I want me one of them stoves!!   ;)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 01:58:44 am »
Those are nice Eddie. It got cold down here to a few weeks back.. In the high 20's. That's cold fir us..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:37 am »
Man them are nice, great find. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 05:13:22 pm »
Really cool Eddie.  I'm backing the damn right it can be cold in Florida team and would sure want one in my shop if it were detached from the house.  Course it's easier to get cold when you've got a shaved head and you REFUSE to take your flip flops off unless your at work!  I don't ever want to give up my flip flop factor!
1’—>1’