Author Topic: Dry fire?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Dry fire?
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:29:17 am »
Hello ya'll.I have a liking for cane arrows.Made some up here lately.They came out a bit too light for my liking in grain weight that is.450.The spine on them is good.Does anyone ever experience any harm to the bow shooting them from a 55-60 pound bow?I mean hundreds or thousands of shots.I'm shooting mostly self bows or a few bamboo backed bows that are very well tillered.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Dry fire?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »
You shouldn't have any adverse effects shooting a 450gr arrow from a 55#-60# bow, a 200gr arrow maybe.
  What type of cane are you using?  My hill cane arrows and switch cane arrows come in anywhere between 550gr+ to almost 700gr with a 125 point added.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:02:36 pm »
That's kind of what I thought too,but just threw that out there to see what people might know.I bought my said cane at MoJam from a fellow from Texas.Some of them do come in at a nicer 550 grain or more but these did'nt.Did'nt check the the wall thickness well enough I guess.I have a coon hunting friend in Missouri just south of Jefferson City that says there are thousands of the shoots there.Don't know how good it is.He is'nt into bow hunting himself.It's about a 3 to 4 hour drive for me to check it out.Do you have some locally around you?That's nice if you do.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »
I live in the mountains of Western NC where Hill cane(Arundinaria appalachiana) is indiginous. It grows along my driveway and the creek that runs through our property. I am very fortunate to have such a resource at my disposal.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC