Author Topic: Snake Bow finished.  (Read 19652 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: Snake Bow finished.
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 02:19:19 am »
Ken, I think it's gonna take the self bow honors.  It just has a snakeskin backing, which won't put it  in with the backed bows?  It would likely take whatever class it is in.

George
George. It may need a class of it's own ...wow that is cool! !!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 05:10:45 am »
OW my toe!!!! My jaw just crunched it on the way to the floor! Thats VERY beautiful :)
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 07:12:46 am »
Thanks so much folks,you are  :-[ ing me. Dave No your sad eyes ant going to work on this one,its staying home with the 3 sisters. ;) :) :) Seabass it lives at the cabin so it will be around at the Classic. George it has a rawhide back under the snake skins,risky enough with rawhide,more than I could stand without. ;D ;D It is a very thin picece of rawhide from A button buck Shannon killed and we turned into rawhide.Thin and slick. Thanks again,means a lot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 09:28:02 am »
O, you're right Pappy, I missed that post of yours before...probably was still shell shocked from the pictures. :-[  Lovely bow in a class by itself for sure.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 10:10:49 am »
            Pappy, what a masterpiece...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Keenan

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 12:24:11 pm »
Pappy that is one Sick Stick! Incredible in everyway.  Few people could have pulled that one off, but you certainly were up to the challenge. Excellent detail work with the tips, skins and especially the handle. A bow like that will turn heads where ever it goes and is the stuff dreams are made from. Take that beauty to a few compound shoots and we will have a whole new influx of conversions. Well done my friend!

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2012, 12:41:34 pm »
Not sure how I missed this one before, but sure am glad I saw it now!  Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said.  Thanks for sharing Pappy!

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 01:07:29 pm »
Pappy, what can I say that has'nt already been said....all of the explitives are appropriate. I think the thing that sticks out the most is that it truely is in a class by itself. I have a couple really snakey staves in the shed that I'm holding on until I am confident I have learned the patience necessary to do them justice. Thanks for the inspiration.    Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 01:43:21 pm »
Wow, it did turn out dang nice!

Great job buddy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 06:48:39 am »
Thanks folks,much appreciated.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 09:50:37 am »
I know you put your heart and all your talent into this bow Pappy, and to me it serves as a testiment of your years of experience and devotion to this craft.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012, 12:44:30 pm »
Pappy your work never ceases to amaze me, when i tried a stave that snakey it was a pain to tiller and after all the work the high crown (really high) popped up, the break doesnt go below the highest part of the crown, from your expeirence would it be oK to glue it down and then put a rawhide backing or should i just take wood off of the back of the bow and take the crown down eliminating the snakey effect on the high crown
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2012, 02:09:17 pm »
Pappy, ditto to all those comments above.  I am just replying so that you don't think I don't admire the finished product. Simply amazing.  I know you are very proud of this bow, as well you should be.
Dan

Offline coaster500

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2012, 03:37:17 pm »
BOM ? I think BOY... 

Amazing job Pappy!!!

Just don't set it down in the grass or sombody's going to shoot it!!!

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline EricWard

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2012, 10:30:29 pm »
 Wow Pappy that thing looks great. You better not lay it down or somebody might chop its head off. Awsome bow.