Author Topic: MOJam  (Read 17101 times)

Offline mobow

Re: MOJam
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 04:26:50 pm »
I have been out of town so sorry for not answering some of the questions above.  As for Vendors just come set up where ever you find a space.  No fees, we just ask that you donate something to our prize pool.  Electricity is very limited.  No need for a band saw we have one on site.  For htoels try the Marshall lodge they may still have some rooms660 886-2326.  Look forward to seeing everyone and lets hope the heat has passed us and we are in for cooler weekend.  keith

Offline mobow

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 11:17:57 am »
Hey Keith, I still promose I'll be there one year but it won't be this one. Have wanted to come to MoJam ever since I heard about the very first one. I'll be having a small primitive skills get together at my place the same weekend. I hope you have another successful MoJam this year and build lots of bows and create lots of new bowyers.

Pat
Look forward to the Pat.  I hope to make it your way one of these years as well.  Enjoy your get together.  Hope it is cooler there than it is here.  keith

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 11:51:09 pm »
One more question. Is there a physical address for the MOJAM site I can punch into my GPS? I know I can find it without, but I'll be driving alone and it's nice to have Mrs. Magellan talking to me... ;)
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline raghorns

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 09:53:23 pm »
Kieth,

I had a great time hanging out with a lot of really friendly people...enjoyed the demonstrations and the polish dogs. There is so much knowledge available at this event and  so many are willing to share what they have learned. The young guys and gals that were there are already so talented and passionate about building bows...it give me a good feeling that this lifestyle will continue for future generations.

Thanks
Lyle   
Live Life at Full Draw

Offline RyanY

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 11:21:58 pm »
This was my fourth MOJam and it was the best yet. So glad I finally got my nose out of the wood for a bit to meet a ton of wonderful people and offer some help. Great to meet you Lyle! Keith, thank you so much for that beautiful stave. I'm honored to have it.  :)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 01:58:07 pm »
I had a great time meeting everyone as well.I'll post some pics soon.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:19 pm »
Though I nearly wilted from the heat the first day or so, (old body adjusted by Sunday), I had the best time I've had in a LONG long time!  Met some great people, worked a little wood, learned new stuff, and got over some of my fear of blowing it when I work on an actual stave, (instead of lammed up bow blanks).  It was a blast!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 03:34:50 am »
Sure am glad we had the usual cool weather at Mojam this year... ::) Good seeing folks from before as well as meeting some new ones. Had a great time as always no matter what the weather is.
Ryan, make sure you get some pictures of your sister shooting that bow that she made this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing how that cedar bow turns out when you are finished as well , ... You sure got a lot done before leaving on Sunday.
See ya'll next year.

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 09:34:48 am »
Hey I got a lot done, I got Paul to split the belly off a nice stave after all.

We had fun again this year, no kids in tow meant an easier ime but less interesting.  Fortunately Paul let us borrow his kid for awhile so we had somebody to boss around.

Pot luck supper was great, everyone ate up our spicy fried cabbage and I bet that made for some interesting rides home.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline gifford

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 12:05:13 pm »
As always, MoJAM was great, glad to see you all guys; picked up a couple of great stone points and a string for my current MoJAM bow. Thanks to all the Marshall bowhunters for hosting such a geat gathering once again. Seeyall in 2015, Good Lord Willing. Gifford

Offline raghorns

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 04:20:59 pm »
Hey Ryan,

It was really great to meet you and have the opportunity to see some of the bows you have built...every time I walked past your open trunk with those really cool bows leaning against it, I was inspired to say the least.

I looked at some of your old posts and enjoyed reading about your evolution as a bowyer. I especially liked your very first post in 09'.  (After reading about all of these aspects of bow making I was thinking about trying this out and hopefully making a wicked fast and sweet bow. What are your thoughts?)

I didn't know about your tradition of building a bow every year and shooting it in the clout shoot...what a great thing to look forward to each year. How did you do in this years shoot?

Hope to see you next year.

Lyle 
Live Life at Full Draw

Offline RyanY

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:39 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Lyle. I did terrible! I think as my bows get better my shooting gets worse. Ha. I think I had it right with that first post. That's essentially what Marc St Louis does with his laminated bows, although of a different style, and he's known to make screamers. I hope to see you next year too!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 02:37:40 am »

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 02:39:12 am »
More still.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 02:41:16 am »
Here are some more.

Technically the pool isn't part of mojam but it wouldn't be the same without it. 100 degrees isn't bad with water and showers.