Author Topic: TG trade bow sneaker..cats outaa the bag.. Im horrible  (Read 6324 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
TG trade bow sneaker..cats outaa the bag.. Im horrible
« on: January 20, 2012, 10:42:32 pm »
Here is a brief sneaky peek of my TG trade bow. Gotta be careful in case my recip is a lurker on here! No clues. I finished it in two dips of Zip Gaurd. I am waiting a few more days for it to cure hard before I dink with the grip area and send her down the road. Its 65" ttt long, thats all I can say for now. The skins are from my buddy ol' pal Cip-Cipriano, they are canebrake.

Im horrible! I cant keep a secret to save my butt! My person still has no clue, but I cant keep myself from posting pics and toturing you guys!  >:D >:D >:D........ Somebody is getting a new yellow bow dropped off on their front porch next week.........
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:10:16 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowsandroses

Re: TG trade bow sneaker
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »
Like the Cane break skins and the way you trimmed them at an angle above and below the handle. looks great! ;)
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:32:48 am »
Looking good Pearlie. I've got my trade bow gooing pretty good too. I'll be done with it before the PA Bow Trade begins.  :D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 02:24:06 am »
Looks real nice pearly...watch out I thought I seen kitty-moose licken the old chops...btw what is tg?
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 09:28:04 am »
Looking good Pearlie. I've got my trade bow gooing pretty good too. I'll be done with it before the PA Bow Trade begins.  :D

That was my goal Pat. I wanted this one done and shipped before PA's trade started. This stave was Mrs. Niceguy. I brought a stave to my buddy Martys on Saturday and walked out with a bow. It was my easiest build yet. Very, very little tillering after the floor.

Looks real nice pearly...watch out I thought I seen kitty-moose licken the old chops...btw what is tg?

TG is Tradgang soy. Its another well ran archery site like PA. TG trade includes all materials so you never quite know what your getting. At least here you know its wood, plant or horn!

Bowsandroses that handle area is just snipped off however it worked. That will all be covered in grip leather later tonite. You wont see those skin ends at all. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 02:13:12 pm »
Just want to know one thing Chris...  did ya hit my weight :)

Great looking bow!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 02:20:01 pm »
Pearly that is an awesome looking bow. Going to be a happy camper when that finds it's new home in ? I'm sure I can make that draw weight work well. :o ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 03:13:56 pm »
Ryan my person wanted 45-55#'s at their draw length, like most of us! I stopped at 52# and figured after another hundred shots she should settle right in the middle at 50#.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 03:58:09 pm »
Hmmmmmmmm :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:06:19 pm »
How bout' now?

Offline osage outlaw

Re: TG trade bow sneaker..cats outaa the bag.. Im horrible
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 04:17:15 pm »
That is one sweet bow.  Someone will be happy.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:35 pm »
It came out nice Chris !!
I Think your about ready to do one for me in the PA drawing!  ;)
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline seabass

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »
Pearlie you make some nice bows.i can't wait till i get a little better,then i'll get in the trades.thanks for the sneak peek,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 11:34:53 am »
Sweet hat PD, I love a partridge plaid...great lookin' bow too!  someones gonna be stoked.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 12:30:52 pm »
Thanks guys. Thansk for the hat compliment rock star! I love me some wool Kromers man.