Author Topic: Stave master plans/design?  (Read 12713 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Stave master plans/design?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 11:27:00 pm »
Wow, I thought sure I had given you one for all the help.  My bad, Guess I'll have to remedy that ;D

Offline seabass

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 11:30:54 pm »
my help won't cost you a thing.i was glad to help.save me a nice yew stave if you have some.i will gladly purchase it.maybe you can help me get to a good start on it when you have the time.thanks Keenan,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 12:24:27 am »
Keenan emailed me pics of the Stavemaster.  Ok, I guess. 

I see the cupholder for beverage of choice (you'd never believe how many bows I have made with coffee colored stain), but where is the touchscreen bluetooth SatNav with rear back-up camera display???

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 12:48:37 am »
 Steve, Thank you and looking forward to it.

John , You may be on to something,,,  A big screen to watch the tillering video while scraping your bow! :o

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:35 am »
I tried that once, a 13 inch tv on the end of the bench.  Excellent way to trade bow making for hinge making.  Grrrrrrrr :embarassed:

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 01:15:03 am »
I tried that once, a 13 inch tv on the end of the bench.  Excellent way to trade bow making for hinge making.  Grrrrrrrr :embarassed:
I need some hinges for the doors on my new bow making shed. How about a little help.  8)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 01:16:22 am »
There's a pile of 'em out back by the smoker...oh wait, they are under the smoker now.   >:D

Offline Gordon

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 01:26:12 am »
I can't imagine that someone could one-off one of these for less than what Keenan will sell it for (when you factor in the time you will need to put in). Let's support the good folks that make our craft and sport possible. Theirs is a labor of love - no one is getting rich on this stuff.

BTW, I have one of Keenan's benches and I love it. I frequently help other folks with their bows and I love how I can throw this bench in the back of my truck, drive drive to their home and have them shaving within minutes.
Gordon

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 04:37:11 am »
Gordon, maybe you can drive yours over to my place...it sure would be nice to test drive one first. 

BTW, I didn't mean to sound as though I was looking to one-off or knock-off Keenan's design.  I was using "stavemaster" like people use "zip-loc" when referring to a plastic bag.  I thought it was more of a trade name than a trademark name.  Anyway, what I had pictured in my mind was a wooden construction shave horse (didn't know it by that name when I posted), rather than what Keenan has constructed, which looks more like a stair master. ;) No doubt it works beautifully.  Much better than my bench vice. Would seriously like to test drive one. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

mikekeswick

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 05:05:11 am »
I am going to be running bow making 'classes' here in England sometime in the relatively near future and have been pondering the best stave holding setup for people to use. Keenan could you post some pics of your StaveMaster here. You may well get an order for a few.
Many thanks

Offline Keenan

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 12:23:00 pm »
 Mike, here are a few pictures of the Stave Master.

Offline bolsjedyr

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »
There is a nice set of images with measures in metrics here:
buemagerlauget.dk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55:snittebaenk&catid=43:vaerktoj&Itemid=152

The instructions are in danish but most likely not nessecary if you know how to read a blueprint.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:53:24 pm by Justin Snyder »
If two men are to compete, it should be in archery. As they face the same direction, trying to accomplish the same goal, it is the most civilized of sports." Confucius

Offline seabass

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 08:07:54 pm »
i need that tool holder Keenan.i didn't know you had those.i want to order one of those when we meet up this spring.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Postman

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 08:38:57 pm »
That looks awesome, Keenan - best of luck with it! Finally, an exercise machine that won't become a glorified towel rack. ;D
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 07:50:32 am »
I'm with you seabass,I need one of those to. Be sure and bring some of the updates and add on's to the Classic Keenan. I think you had told me about the tool and cup holder but I hadn't seen one till  now. I also love mine,very well made and I feel sure like Gordon said if you figure your time is worth anything you can't build one as cheap as you can buy it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good