Author Topic: Stave master plans/design?  (Read 12714 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Stave master plans/design?
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:21:18 pm »
I am looking for plans, photos or whatever tips/suggestions I can get for building my own stavemaster style bowyers bench.  Anybody?
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Stave master plans/design?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »
You had better get an attorney first. The Stave Master is Keenan's design and creation.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:36:12 pm »
I might wanna get one for hold a stave while I remove bark. Whats he (or you, if your reading this keenan) sell em for?
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:40:42 pm »
I have access to a welding shop and all the steel I need and I have looked into making one my self and I get the steel for the price the shop gets it for. Honestly you arent going to save much if any at all by making your own, for the time and materials cost Keenan puts into these he really isnt going to get rich, nor are they over priced. They are very well priced IMO. Save up some cash and just buy one from him thats what im gonna do. .02

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline sharpend60

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:19:26 pm »
Google 'Shave horse',
Its the same thing used in old time wood craft.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 05:21:24 pm »
Tenbrook, that is very similar to the one I built many years ago. One difference is I put the arm for the knucklehead in the center instead of on one side. This way I can place the stave to one side or the other when working it down.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:26:34 pm »
Thank you everyone, for your interest in the Stave Master Bow benches. We are still in the early stages of marketing this product, and therefor have tried not to break any rules about selling before we get the advertising in place. We have contacted PA about our add and hope to have it up soon.
 Thank you for all the support and good testimonials of those that have seen and tried them out. Much time and effort has gone into designing what we feel is the very best bow bench on the market. We know that many people may wish to build there own, and we have had many inquiries about plans. We hope that you will all understand that we have too much invested, to just give out plans. As Josh stated, we are not going to get rich at the price that we getting for them. I have had a steel fab business for years and we have the cost down to a bare minimum with no "middle man" mark up on them. In addition we have invested money in the patenting process, as we are patenting the Stave Master. We are very proud of this product and positive feedback we have had from all who purchased and used the Stave Master.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:13:53 pm by Keenan »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 07:38:10 pm »
Thank you everyone for your interest in the Stave Master Bow benches. We are still in the early stages of marketing this product and therefor have tried not to break any rules about selling before we get the advertising in place. We have contacted PA about our add and hope to have it up soon.
 Thank you for all the support and good testimonials of those that have seen and tried them out. Much time and effort has gone into designing what we feel is the very best bow bench on the market. We know that many people may wish to build there own and we have had many inquiries about plans. We hope that you will all understand that we have to much invested to just give out plans and as Josh stated, we are not going to get rich at the price that we getting for them. I have had a steel fab business for years and we have the cost down to a bare minimum with no middle man mark up them. In addition we have invested money in the patenting process, as we are patenting the Stave Master. We are very proud of this product and positive feedback we have had from all who purchased and used the Stave Master.

BlahBlahBlah, when can I get one!   ;D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:21 pm »
John, you can pick one up at the Tenn Classic in the spring when you get there.  ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 07:51:53 pm »
How much room you got in the truck, WoflWatcher???
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 08:16:13 pm »
How much room you got in the truck, WoflWatcher???

;D ;D  They break down fairly small for transporting. However we will be happy to fill the truck if needed.  ;D ;D

Offline seabass

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 08:20:01 pm »
i bought one from Keenan at last years classic.it is well worth the money.the great thing about it is it all comes apart and can be stored in a very small space.i know we all like to build are own stuff,but we also need to support traditional archery businesses.these guys help keep our sport alive,Steve

Middletown,Ohio

Offline Keenan

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 09:12:06 pm »
 Thank you Steve. I'm glad your enjoying Stave Master and we are looking forward to seeing you again at the Classic. Thanks again for all your help with set up and break down with our booth last year. Have you started on your Yew stave yet?

Offline tenbrook

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:12:19 pm »

"Indian makes small fire, sits close.
White man makes big fire, sits far away."

- Stalking Wolf

Offline seabass

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:07:23 pm »
Keenan,you are welcome for the help.you are a pleasure to hang out with.i didn't get a yew stave last year,but if you bring some this year i will surely buy one.see you there everyone,Steve
Middletown,Ohio