Author Topic: these good demensions for osage & boo???  (Read 3784 times)

Kev K.

these good demensions for osage & boo???
« on: August 02, 2007, 02:18:14 am »
hey i just started up an osage / boo laminate and i was wanderin if these were good demensions for that type of bow ??? its 64" ntn with a 10" handle.  The limbs are around 1 1/4" at the handle and taper out to an inch in a 24" span the last 3" on each limb tapers to about 5/8". I just spent quite a bit on materials and was hoping to get this one on the first try.  Any opinions help ;D

Kev K.

Re: these good demensions for osage & boo???
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 02:58:11 am »
i should probably also note that i have a 27" drawlength

Offline Badger

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 05:17:29 am »
Kev, the 1 1/4 at the fades sounds pretty good, a little bit fat in the outer limb, I would start narrowing it at least by mid limb and not have the tips anymore than 1/2" preferably around 3/8". I didnt see anything about draw weight so I am assuming 50ish pounds.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:32:16 am »
A 10" handle sounds excessive, 4" or 5" with 1.5" to 2" fades would be plenty I think. Just my opinion maybe Pat or someone will weigh in.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:22:48 am »
What Steve said sound right to me.  I always cut mine to 1/2" at the tips.  After the tiller is done I reduce them to 3/8" or less.
I am assuming 10" includes the fade outs.  If you are cutting a shelf for the arrow, that would be great.  If you are shooting off your hand, you could probably reduce it a little to 8-9". Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah