Author Topic: Brady's Christmas bow set  (Read 1349 times)

Offline jermcramp1

Brady's Christmas bow set
« on: January 13, 2012, 11:28:31 am »
I made this for my 13 yr old bro in law for Christmas. He's into wheelys now but I'm hoping to swing him...

72"ttt, 68" ntn, 30#@28", hickory, hemp wrapped handle, ferrets floppy rest, dark walnut stain belly and back and handle, dacron b50 flemish string. quiver is

bamboo with parachord wrap, shafts are bamboo, self nocks, tips are .410 cases with duplex nails, serving wrapped fletchings.

I gotta say despite this bow only being 30# it shoots quite quick at 15 yds.

Ya tiller aint exactly perfect...

the target I made him, anly a couple arrow holes as of yesterday :'(

I wrapped the end of the cas with tape to make removal from the target eisier
on the belly and back of the handle i glued a couple pieces of thick leather and then shaped the contour with the dremmel

He's only 13 so I guess everything takes a backseat to girls and xbox...
Even the dogs get the crumbs...

Offline GaryR

Re: Brady's Christmas bow set
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »
If that's hickory, I assume you stained the back? I'm currently working on a hickory and that looks better than the plain old white hickory I've been working.

Offline jermcramp1

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:30:46 pm »
I used dark walnut stain on the belly and the back and on the handle wrap after I wrapped it. I like the contrast with the white stripe on the side...

Offline GaryR

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:32:15 pm »
Think I'll try it on mine, that looks good.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 02:50:10 pm »
Hopefully it takes precedence over those BLASTED video games. Im a video game hater to the 10th degree......................
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 03:23:00 pm »
Nice looking bow, hard to swing a young man from wheel bows to stick bows unless he has some good rolemodels so you might just do it. Now if you could out shoot him and his wheel bow with a stick bow you may have better luck :D Nice work!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline jermcramp1

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 03:31:30 pm »
The last game system we had was super nintendo when it first came out almost 20 yrs ago, I hate them as well!