Author Topic: Giants?  (Read 6355 times)

Offline KShip85

Giants?
« on: January 02, 2012, 05:53:36 pm »
Well, the past few days have consisted of me being at home with my sick daughter and in that time I've managed to wander off into the world of the cryptic.  Starting with a marathon of "Finding Bigfoot" that was playing on my TV and eventually leading to some bored browsing of internet articles while rocking my little girl I've stumbled across some interesting if not far fetched stuff.  I realize today that anyone can claim to be an expert on anything and most people have access to photo imaging programs that could fool most people, but there has always been a part of me that leans towards conspiracy and cover-ups.  Variants in anatomy are intriguing to me as well as the thought that we don't know things as well as we often claim to.  For me personally I've always kind of been interested in my own oddities.  I'm fairly tall, 6'4" or so but its not just my height but my skeletal structure that interests me, mostly my skull size.  I have maybe met one or two people in my life with a melon close to the size of mine, lol.  And it is not just in comparison to people shorter than me because I have met folks over 7 feet with a head no where near my size.  I watched a documentary a couple years ago about neanderthals and homo sapiens possibly have mated together and how there are people today who display more neanderthal features than others. 

Anyway, I digress.  Most interesting I found today was a story about Lovelock Cave  in Nevada and a native american tail of a giant race that was eventually defeated there.  Guess my main reason for posting this was to see what all your thoughts were on the subject or to see if there were any family or friend stories of giant encounters or the like.  I suppose I've just given into the idea that the powers that be don't want history being changed around.  It'd be nice to think that academia was concerned with truth only and not those who line the pockets to fund research.  Maybe I'll just have to save up and take a trip to Guadalcanal to look for the race of giants that reportedly still inhabit the island.  I might be a bit too chicken to go that far  :laugh: 

On a side note, imagine the bow a 15 ft 1000lb giant could draw back!  >:D

Kip
Kip Shipley    Bloomington, IN

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Giants?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:25:37 pm »
Hey Kip, I'm in blmngtn too!

Check out Manly Wade Wellman, sci-fi from the 40s-60s.  He did a sweet series on a guy named Silver John.  It takes place in the Appalachians.  There is a story called "Walk Like A Mountain" that will explain everything to you about your race. 

We should hook up sometime and do some stumpshootin, I live on the West side of Yellowwood State Forest.  The world is mine starting at my back door  dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline johnston

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 01:42:21 pm »
Kip, the cover-ups and conspiracies are a fact of life in our known history so
without a doubt they exist in the "unknown". And the web distributes more
misinformation than knowledge. TV simply goes with the money even on the
more accredited channels. As do most schools, companies, and all politicans
as well as others that can't be mentioned here.

However there is, without a doubt, someone with knowledge on your topic
just itching to share. Giants are not as far fetched as some things that I believe
existed/exist. My best research luck has come from older books and even old
magazines.

Good luck and I hope your daughter is well soon.

Lane

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 02:00:21 pm »

On a side note, imagine the bow a 15 ft 1000lb giant could draw back!  >:D

something like mine ::)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 02:13:46 pm »
How about Egyptians in the Grand Canyon?
Giant Caverns in the Canyon area, and the Creation stories of some western NDN's coming up out of the ground?
Mummys in the Grand Canyon?

Lost Cities and Ancient Mysteries of the South West?

Beyond that we know that there HAVE been Near extinction level events within the time of Homo sapiens.
Where the whole Human gene pool shrinks down to a genetic keyhole that the whole race seems to have passed through.

And what happened to Neanderthal? I think I've seen some in Traffic in the past week or two... judging by their driving.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 03:03:38 pm »
For some interesting reading check out Persistence and Pestilence by Kathleen Hull. She did some archaeological work in Yosemite and tries to compare mass epidemics across the US with what she calls "native" plagues.  As for giants, they do exist in our mythology as well as little people.  The Hopi believe in an emergence from an underworld into the world they currently inhabit.  Most of us NDN's are creationists, I think.  Still so many stories to learn and understand.  Neanderthals in traffic - Absolutely - at least mentally! ;D

Side Bar - another beautiful day in Yosemite. Still no snow in the forecast! :'(

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »
YosemiteBen, the Hopi story is the one I was thinking of.
Supposedly the entrance is still guarded by the descendants of the Hopi.
Mackenna's Gold(1969) was Loosely based on this legend.

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 03:57:16 pm »
interesting. this was a topic on pp recently

http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/36862/Giants
wild women don't get the blues

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 05:47:06 pm »
Pretty cool stuff there Sadie!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 12:19:46 am »
Talked with a kid today in Idaho,who is 6'7"  weighs 320 and I am here to tell you,he is lean. If I was the guy of average height of the turn of the last century Say 1900 or so, I think the average height was 5' 6"  weight about 150 to 160, This kid would have been a giant. I am 6' 1" 220 lbs  and he was a giant to me.   There have been giants and there are still a few around.
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Traxx

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 03:11:19 am »
Did you see,the 2 hour episode,called Finding Bigfoot,Birth of a legend?If so,you heard of my uncle Gerry then and saw my Cousins,who told of Uncle Gerry takeing the first cast of a track.They brought it with them and showed it on the show.
As for the Story of the lovelock cave giants.It is absolutely true and has been proven with Archeological evidence.The story has been passed down,from my Piaute Relations,for generations.It is said,that Sarah Winnemucca,had some of the hair from 1 of these Red Headed giants adorned on the dress,that she was buried in.

Offline bubby

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:22:30 am »
this is starting to sound like a topic on a m coast to coast with George Nori, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline butch

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 08:05:07 am »
i have a newspaper article out of northern mo. passed down in the family from great grandfather [i am 70] . they found a cave with human bones , king size. a doctor estimated a height of 9 feet from the femurs.
there were giants in the land then , and after.

Offline KShip85

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »
Thanks for the responses all, I find it all very interesting.  I really wish there could be more open talk about this stuff in the academic community without people looking at you like you're nuts.

Kip
Kip Shipley    Bloomington, IN

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 04:15:50 am »
Being a night owl and boaring TV I listen to Coast to Coast they also have a web page. A few yrs ago they did a program on the giant skellitons in Ca. that where found in a cave also giants in history just go on the web site type in giants and you will have pics. and articals to read
Jeanette